hot pink wholesale
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-07-2011, 09:36
Default Help! Ball chains rusting!

I have purchased ball chains from a few sources and to my horror, I pulled out some of the first one's that I purchased (I did not keep them separate, I only know the were some of the first purchases I made because of what was on them) and they are rusting!

Thinking about how many of these I have sold and they are likely rusting or will rust has my stomach in knots. Is it safe to assume that these were not silver plated? It is not tarnish, it is definitely rust. Is there a way to test additional batches to ensure this wont happen?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 04:55
Default Re: Help! Ball chains rusting!

i wholesale ball chains and i do buys on the regularly. the best way to keep them is in a air tight plastic bag. and the only way they can rust is if some sort of moisture or water got on them. i keep mine in plastic bags at room temp of about 70 and never had any rust or tarnish.

if any type of moisture got on them and it wasnt dried off properly they will rust. like if they got wet u have to asap grab a towel and dry them off then take a blow dryer to help dry them thoroughly. if they are set out to air dry they will rust also. hope this helps. good luck
Check out my wholesale supplies on facebook
I have a Private group for open group buys, please send friend request and PM via facebook to join
Sponsored Links