Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-06-2011, 02:59

Post Working With Felt???

I bought some felt to try and make some felt pieces to use on clippies or for centers but I'm nervous to try it...in the past when I worked with felt the edges always got a like frayed edge look and I'm not sure how to prevent that from happening again. Basically I need any advice you ladies can share to help me with working with it! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08

Default Re: Working With Felt???

Make sure ou get good quality felt!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammperry2 View Post
Make sure ou get good quality felt!
The stuff I bought is from Hobby Lobby...idk if its really a good quality lol but I got it to try an idea I have for some xmas clips...where can you find good quality felt that's reasonably priced?
Old 08-06-2011, 03:52

Some do use the felt from there (HL) but I personally don't. I don't like using craft felt.

I like blended wool or 100% wool felt. I get mine online. You could also find these 2 kinds of felt on Etsy (under Supplies). The edges won't fray. =)

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:08

I work with craft felt...
You have to understand that craft felt can be varient in thickness which can suck sometimes...double up your felt for durability...
And keep in mind when you have fuzzy edges...quick run a lighter around edges (NOT TOO CLOSE) to clean up the fuzziness and it helps "seal" the edges to keep them from staying fuzzy or getting worse.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif