New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-31-2011, 09:07

Default How do you keep your hot glue under control?

I hate it! It's what I have to use for most things. But it's so stringy and messy sometimes. I hate being almost done with a bow and having it messed up with glue. I know some of it is me. But there has to be some tricks you all use. Like on the back. I hate that when you glue the clip on and the glue oozed and it looks messy! Help
Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2011, 09:26

Default Re: How do you keep your hot glue under control?

Someone suggested one time that you keep your glue sticks in the freezer. I noticed a huge reduction in strings once I did that. As for oozing, I wipe down away from the bow with my finger as soon as I see it oozing a bit. If that makes any sense. It scorches my fingers a bit, but if I do it really fast I can get it off without making a mess.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39

So what do you do then, thaw so many out at a time? You don't stick them in the glue gun frozen do you?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:01

i don't have to much of a problem with the hot glue causing strings, but with the oozing I just wipe it off as soon as I see it on the item.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:18

I take them straight out of the freezer and put them in the gun.....and put less on the back so it doesn't ooze out..or use the fine point tip on your gun to smooth it out....hth
Old 07-31-2011, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cackysanda View Post
I take them straight out of the freezer and put them in the gun.....and put less on the back so it doesn't ooze out..or use the fine point tip on your gun to smooth it out....hth
I am going to try that! I HATE glue strings so much so what I do is immediately pull them away from whatever I am gluing and I dangle the string over the hot glue gun. The heat from the gun pulls the string off my hand and grabs onto it. After several days of this, the gun looks like a furry cobwebby mess. So I periodically do a cleaning of the glue gun while it is hot - everything pulls away easily. This has been the easiest way for me to get rid of the strings while I am working. Hope it helps someone else!

Oh, I also us a tweezer to grasp onto and pull any strings off my bows or clips. Couldn't work without one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glue.jpg (48.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg glue2.jpg (61.6 KB, 51 views)

Old 07-31-2011, 02:41

I have read that if you have the stringy mess & cant loosen them use a gair dryer to melt the glue.

Mommy to Yasmin(10) , Daisy(4) Juan(3)
Old 07-31-2011, 02:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto_ydj View Post
I have read that if you have the stringy mess & cant loosen them use a gair dryer to melt the glue.
I always use my hair dryer for the strings I can't pull off. I also have resorted to using the blow dryer when I have messed up on something and need to pull it apart. Love that I can do that and not have to throw out the materials.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:56

First I want to say, your title of this thread couldn't be more accutate! I too feel like my gun does whatever it wants do opposed to what I want it to. The blow dryer has been the only thing that I've had luck with that destroys and minimizes the trails and blobs the gun left behind. But...I read here I think on the "Share A Tip" Thread, one lady mentions her genius idea of keeping her woodburner on, and easily accessible when gluing That way, if glue oozes out or leaves spots, That way, she quickly and carefully runs the wood burner over the glue blobs, dots, strings, ect. and it melts the glue down/anbarely visable or evend or scrape and melt the extra glue off. It sounds like a great method..But my wood burner hates hates me..So I avoid it at all costs
Old 07-31-2011, 06:20

thanks for sharing, i also have a hard time with this as well
Sponsored Links