ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-29-2011, 11:46

Default Re: Have you SEEN! Facebook..blah

technically u have photo contests no matter what, as u are telling the fans to vote or like the pic not your page....but the catch is that they have to like your page to do so There are quite a few threads on the fb contest rules and ways around them, u might wanna try searching the forum for them
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-29-2011, 11:49

More stuff to worry about when I finally get my facebook account started.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancousins View Post
technically u have photo contests no matter what, as u are telling the fans to vote or like the pic not your page....but the catch is that they have to like your page to do so There are quite a few threads on the fb contest rules and ways around them, u might wanna try searching the forum for them

But here it says (released May 2011): http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php

5. You must not use Facebook features or functionality, such as the Like button, as a voting mechanism for a promotion.

"Liking" a photo is using a facebook feature to vote. I did research the forum first, I found no legal way to get around them yet. Keep the thoughts coming! Thanks for the response, If it wasn't for my husband today, I'd still be upset.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:01

hmmm, what about telling them to write "vote" under the photo....all i know if my friend gained 500 fans in 48hrs having her photo contest, I am insanely jealous....and I know she is probably reading this.....way to go Joni
Old 07-30-2011, 05:45

I did mine a couple weeks back and did it in a poll app. It worked out great. I had a lot of people tell me thy liked it better than having to "like" the photos and they said it was less confusing as well

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Old 07-30-2011, 05:47

I will also say I started out with around 5,100 fans, and at the end of my poll I was at 6,300 ish

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Old 07-30-2011, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danie_Edwards View Post
I did mine a couple weeks back and did it in a poll app. It worked out great. I had a lot of people tell me thy liked it better than having to "like" the photos and they said it was less confusing as well

That's a great idea!!! It would be a lot easier to have the "voting" in one place.

I am trying out the free giveaway app. Seems pretty easy to use. I just set up my contest last night, so we'll see what happens. I'll try to remember to report back once it's over on the outcome.
Need wholesale supplies? Shabby chic flowers, satin mesh flowers, vintage lace flowers, glitter ribbon, FOE, chiffon lace flowers, shabbies, headbands and more! Outstanding Service and Prices at http://www.pinklilywholesale.com

Join our Pink Lily Wholesale Group on Facebook!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfinn View Post
That's a great idea!!! It would be a lot easier to have the "voting" in one place.

I am trying out the free giveaway app. Seems pretty easy to use. I just set up my contest last night, so we'll see what happens. I'll try to remember to report back once it's over on the outcome.

That sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it! The poll app also sounds wonderful. That's sort of what we're doing on our business website. My husband is setting it all up on one page where you can see all the photos together. I am excited to be directing more traffic to our website since that's where most of our product will be anyhow. I'm currently carrying our 5th baby, due in November so I've been away from the scene for about 6 months just relaxing, spending time with the other kids and being pregnant. So i've missed out on a few things. Thanks for understanding ladies!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfinn View Post

what is the name of that free app you are using? I have been trying to figure this out as well!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaforTwoBoutique View Post
Facebook released new "contest" rules a few months back. This was just brought to my attention by a mom here in the area when I asked her to join our back to school photo contest on our page, where you have friends and family like the pictures to win. Here are the new rules: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php

What are we supposed to do now? Anyone have this figured out yet? I would love to hear what type of contests you hold on your pages to keep people interested, legally!!!! At a loss for words right now Is there anyway I could change my photo game so it is "legal" so I don't have to cancel the whole thing?
I posted the rules on this a long time ago. There is an application you can use to have your special contests on Facebook. It is fairly simple. I posted it in the Facebook Forums on here.

Here is the link: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/faceb...ease-read.html

Last edited by ronnie; 08-01-2011 at 06:52.
Sponsored Links