5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-25-2011, 10:32

Default How do you attach your button rhinestones?

I got some beautiful rhinestone buttons from Simply Sassy. Super quick shipping, too, by the way! Thank you!!

Anyway, wondering what's the best way to attach these to a flower or rosette, since most of them aren't flat in the back. This is my first time working with these buttons. I'm excited because they are fabulous!!

Suggestions?

Thanks!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37

Default Re: How do you attach your button rhinestones?

i remove the shank and glue easy peasy!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42

Thanks.

Actually, these don't have shanks, but when you look at the back they are kind of a bowl shape, if that makes any sense. So, the center of the button does not sit flush on the flower. I hope that makes sense. LOL If not, I'll post a pic.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44

i haven't seen ones that weren't flat on the back ... what if you try sanding it down to get a small flat area to make it easier to glue on ...
Old 07-25-2011, 11:26

I don't know exactly which buttons you have...are they solid (no holes or anything to see through)? If so glue something inside of them...felt, fabric, whatever...and then glue it to your flower.

If they have holes you may still be able to do that just use a fabric that matches the flower color.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecutie View Post
I don't know exactly which buttons you have...are they solid (no holes or anything to see through)? If so glue something inside of them...felt, fabric, whatever...and then glue it to your flower.

If they have holes you may still be able to do that just use a fabric that matches the flower color.
Some have holes and some don't. That's a great idea, thanks!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:29

Are you in the US? She's in the UK right? If so how long did it take for the buttons to get to you?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
Are you in the US? She's in the UK right? If so how long did it take for the buttons to get to you?
This is going to sound crazy, but it's true. I placed my order on Saturday the 23rd and got my package today, the 25th. I don't even know how that was possible. So, needless to say I'm thrilled and will definitely order from her again.

I don't know if she's in the US or UK, but I'd imagine she must be in the US since I got my package so quickly.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45

She's in Florida.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.