ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2011, 11:54

Default What school/team colors are popular?

So I found out the other day that my stuff is going to be featured in a Zulily event!!! I am SO excited, but after having taken almost a year off, I have a TON of work to do to get ready for this.

One of the things the buyer said she liked on my site was the Team Spirit section, and they'd love to include some school/team color items. I think the best way for me to feature these is to do some NBNG cheerleader clips. However, I am from central PA, so pretty much the only colors I do a lot of are black and gold (Steelers) and blue and white (Penn State). And, these clips take forever to make, and if I'm making 15-20 of each color combo, I want to make sure they are ones people will want. I realize that for most people, what colors you sell depends a lot on your location, but I've never done a national thing like this, so I'm trying to figure out what colors are popular for a lot of people.

So, if you make school/team color items, what color combos are popular?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01

Default Re: What school/team colors are popular?

Blue and White is always popular. I'm from Alabama and it's Auburn - orange and blue (which is also Florida Gators but a little different shades) and Crimson and white for U of Alabama. Dallas Cowboys is always popular (lived there for 25 years) blue and silver.

You can do a web search for the big teams - maybe top 10 professional and college and get some ideas. Just include a description for "custom made for your school."

Also, you can go to the fabric stores like Hancock Fabrics and Joanns and look at the fabrics they have for schools. I am sure they have researched what is popular or they wouldn't be selling it.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung434 View Post
So I found out the other day that my stuff is going to be featured in a Zulily event!!! I am SO excited, but after having taken almost a year off, I have a TON of work to do to get ready for this.

One of the things the buyer said she liked on my site was the Team Spirit section, and they'd love to include some school/team color items. I think the best way for me to feature these is to do some NBNG cheerleader clips. However, I am from central PA, so pretty much the only colors I do a lot of are black and gold (Steelers) and blue and white (Penn State). And, these clips take forever to make, and if I'm making 15-20 of each color combo, I want to make sure they are ones people will want. I realize that for most people, what colors you sell depends a lot on your location, but I've never done a national thing like this, so I'm trying to figure out what colors are popular for a lot of people.

So, if you make school/team color items, what color combos are popular?

Thanks!!
black/gold
blue/white
red/white
purple/yellow-gold
dark orange/navy
Old 07-21-2011, 12:30

Our school colors are
Royal/ white
oragne/ black
red/ white
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35

blue and white and black and red seem very popular around here.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:36

Does Zulily have some sort of demographics that they can give you to show you what states most of their sales come from? I would imagine they would track it, not sure if they would share it. May be worth asking to give you a better idea. I live in TN and everything is orange/white or Titans colors.

Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!! Can't wait to hear how well you do!

Last edited by BlessedMom; 07-21-2011 at 12:37. Reason: Added to comment
Old 07-21-2011, 12:43

red,black,white
royal blue, white, green
yellow, black
maroon, gold
red, gold
brown, gold
maroon, silver,white
black, gold
orange, white
orange, black, white
maroon, white
green, white
Old 07-21-2011, 01:18

blue/white
maroon/white
black/yellow gold
orange/white

Old 07-21-2011, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
Does Zulily have some sort of demographics that they can give you to show you what states most of their sales come from? I would imagine they would track it, not sure if they would share it. May be worth asking to give you a better idea. I live in TN and everything is orange/white or Titans colors.

Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!! Can't wait to hear how well you do!
Ooh, that's a good idea. I will see if they have something like that. Thanks!!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:14

I would think a lot of STate colleges that would be popular would be; Nebraska, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Alabama, Florida. NFL Teams, Dallas, Steelers, Ravens, Colts. NBA I would look into teams that were in the playoffs. Especially the Dallas Mavericks. I know I have sold several Maverick's colors.HTH!
Sponsored Links