Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-21-2011, 11:34

Default HELP!!!!!! headband holder pillow/bolster/etc

Ladies!

I've been taking a MASSIVE break from my hair stuff -- but back in business.

I've been asked by two ladies in my area to have a trunk show at their party. One momma has FOUR girls and has requested that I bring headband holders to the party. Of course, I have my own little holders that I make out of ribbon to hang -- but she wants a bolster/pillow style holder.

I sat down last night to make one with a trader joe's coffee can and guess what???? My headbands slide right off of it, it's not round/big enough!!! My oatmeal can is the same size, which all my tuts say to use. I used batting to fill it up -- what am I doing wrong? ANY advice or input is really appreciated. Plus, this helps with my display which is a work in progress

I never really have time to sit on the forums, so you can email me directly at mylittlenuggets at gmail dot com

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2011, 02:16

Default Re: HELP!!!!!! headband holder pillow/bolster/etc

I use batting on the outside of the oatmeal can to make it plush and they seem to fit perfectly.

Usually make them a solid or not so overtaking prints and add a 5/8 ribbon around the ends to add a lil dimension. sometimes I add a cute fabric flower to the sides unless its going to stand up.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily0630 View Post
I use batting on the outside of the oatmeal can to make it plush and they seem to fit perfectly.

Usually make them a solid or not so overtaking prints and add a 5/8 ribbon around the ends to add a lil dimension. sometimes I add a cute fabric flower to the sides unless its going to stand up.
I guess I should wrap the batting around more than once, eh? I used it but only one layer. I made a frayed fabric layered flower on top and ran a ribbon down the side of the canister, so you could clip clippies. I will try more batting next round

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Old 07-21-2011, 04:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobee13 View Post
I guess I should wrap the batting around more than once, eh? I used it but only one layer. I made a frayed fabric layered flower on top and ran a ribbon down the side of the canister, so you could clip clippies. I will try more batting next round

sounds about right..would love to see a pic
Old 07-21-2011, 07:22

This is what I do.

My hubby buys the boxes of rolls of paper towels at Sams.

I just take a full role of paper towesl.. I even leave the plastic on it.. Then I wrap it in black velvet or a sold color I just stuff the edges in the holes on the end. My bands seem to fit on them. My first ones I hand stitched up the sides.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:23

I would use more batting for sure! That should certainly help make it thicker!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.