New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-17-2011, 02:10

Default Apology

I wanted to apologize for calling whoever posted that video a bitch, because it wasnt a rude video. BUT, I do want to say there was no reason to be a smart ass because guess what, I DID google the bow and this is where I was directed. To this forum! I still stand by thinking that it was ok to post a photo with the creators watermark what said clearly exactly where it came from. If I was trying to steal it (which I know people obviously do and its sad) then I would have cut the watermark out and tried to make it not obvious that it was a stolen picture.

So, again, I apologize to you.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2011, 03:15

Default Re: Apology

Wow, I dont remember that .. strong words.(sometimes I think it but try not to type it).. I always try and think .. would I want the whole world and my family to see this.. if not I don't do it.. nice to apologize though
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19

It is good that you can step up and apologize so good for you! I believe you will enjoy the forum. Most people on here are very nice.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:29

Kudos for the apology... I didnt read about the incident but Im glad you are apologizing
Old 07-17-2011, 11:44

Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy your future experiences here!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandir View Post
I wanted to apologize for calling whoever posted that video a bitch, because it wasnt a rude video. BUT, I do want to say there was no reason to be a smart ass because guess what, I DID google the bow and this is where I was directed. To this forum! I still stand by thinking that it was ok to post a photo with the creators watermark what said clearly exactly where it came from. If I was trying to steal it (which I know people obviously do and its sad) then I would have cut the watermark out and tried to make it not obvious that it was a stolen picture.

It's not a matter of opinion. It's explicitely against the rules of the forum.
That's what people were trying to tell you. They weren't trying to be rude (at least in the beginning), but simply letting you know the rules of the forum, before a mod needed to get in on the act. That's all there is to it. I wouldn't have brought it up, but you said you stand by it, so I was reiterating that if you want to participate in the forum, you have to abide by the rules.

Kudos for the apology.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:52

It's nice to see the apology. But the part about standing by what you did is really a shame. I watermark my photos. The main reason being most of my photos are of my daughters. I don't want people downloading them and randomly posting them all over the internet. But if they link to my photo then it takes people to my page. That sort of thing has a tendency of people using the same photo on their page to show what they can make for customers. But as the photo owner and mother of the model, I'd be very upset by it. That is why we don't copy and paste photos. It's really an unspoken rule in this business. I realize you are new and didn't know that. I really do hope you stick around. This is a great group, these ladies have shared a wealth of information on here! I hope you take the time to get to know us and stick around.

Last edited by Twylabug; 07-17-2011 at 11:55.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:21

I think she meant that she stands by thinking it was ok to do that. Since she thought that was ok, she meant no harm. We all make mistakes. Lesson learned.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandir View Post

....watermarked photos are against the rules of the forum. period.
and usually an apology is given, if sincere, without a BUT. you just apologized for calling that person a bi*tch, and in the next sentence called her a smart a$$... i dont consider your post an apology. seems more like a thin veiled insult.... google can be your friend, it did lead you to this forum but it also comes up with several other options to click and look for what you are asking for...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:05

all I have to say is that I posted a photo once instead of a link thinking the same way you did about the watermark still being on there..and they jumped down my throat about it..I think that so many people have been burned on here with their photos being stolen that they just go crazy...I would have liked it a lot better if the first reply I got back was not so rude..like maybe hey I don't know if you know but you are not allowed to post a photo with or without a watermark and you have to provide a link..instead they assume this is something u already know and u did it on purpose..I thought with the watermark it was still giving credit to whoever's product/page it is and was not the wrong thing to do but some of these ladies let me know really quick that I was wrong..it was an honest mistake and there was no need for people to be rude and go crazy on people..ON THE OTHER HAND..you can think what you want but u should not write everything you think..boy oh boy did I want to cuss out some people also but instead I took it as a learning lesson and kept it to myself..I also agree that your apology did not sound 100% sincere..you should have apologized and moved on..mostly everyone here is nice and a happy little family...and sometimes there may be disagreements but don't burn your bridges you never know you may need something from these girls later..I am not taking sides I stated how I felt for both sides..
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.