New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:21

Default Re: Apology

1. I think this thread would be more aptly named "Non-Apology" because that's exactly what it was.

2. You will find a lot more help on this forum if you are a little more humble and accepting of criticism. If you truly want to learn, you will need to thicken up that skin....wait till you post a crappy looking bow that you think looks amazing...you will be told the truth, but will be advised and encouraged on how to get better.

3. Once you have been around a while, you will understand why more Senior members are quick to "jump" on newbies when things are done against the rules. If no one wanted to help you, you would have had a ton of views and no one would have bothered to respond. The fact that anyone responded shows that they are trying to help you.

4. A word of caution. I would be careful about making negative comments publicly about other members. We are a close knit family, and will not tolerate it. Members with post counts in the several thousands are very established here and likely have very good reputations. If you knew ashley (BowMamaof4) you would be truly embarrassed about your comment, and regretful of a potential relationship here that may be lost.

Hopefully you haven't "burned bridges" here...that would be a shame.

Best of luck to you.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 07-17-2011, 06:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannasuniquecreations View Post
all I have to say is that I posted a photo once instead of a link thinking the same way you did about the watermark still being on there..and they jumped down my throat about it..I think that so many people have been burned on here with their photos being stolen that they just go crazy...I would have liked it a lot better if the first reply I got back was not so rude..like maybe hey I don't know if you know but you are not allowed to post a photo with or without a watermark and you have to provide a link..instead they assume this is something u already know and u did it on purpose..I thought with the watermark it was still giving credit to whoever's product/page it is and was not the wrong thing to do but some of these ladies let me know really quick that I was wrong..it was an honest mistake and there was no need for people to be rude and go crazy on people..ON THE OTHER HAND..you can think what you want but u should not write everything you think..boy oh boy did I want to cuss out some people also but instead I took it as a learning lesson and kept it to myself..I also agree that your apology did not sound 100% sincere..you should have apologized and moved on..mostly everyone here is nice and a happy little family...and sometimes there may be disagreements but don't burn your bridges you never know you may need something from these girls later..I am not taking sides I stated how I felt for both sides..
I just want to say that I will not apologize for the way that I asked her to remove the photo becuase I should not have to sugar coat anything, I am very helpful to people who need help when I know the answer and can offer help. When I joined this forum us as newbies learned fast what to do and what not to do, if you (anybody) thinks I was rude about telling her to take the photo down then none of yall would of ever made it with the old crowd trust me

Also anyone who thinks that apology is or was sincere then I guess that you didn't read past the I want to apologize for calling her a B and then continued on to call her a smart a**.......................!

She also stated that she read the rules yet she still posted the photo..... We did not go crazy on her she started calling people names and we told her it was wrong

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-17-2011, 06:51

I did not want you to sugar coat anything.I hope you read my posts completely and correctly..And I said that it did not sound like her apology was sincere and I read the other posts and I wrote that she should have kept her negative comments to herself..please reread my post..I did not say anything about you ladies going crazy on her..AND I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE TAKEN TO A TOTALLY DIFFERENT LEVEL BECAUSE MY POST WAS NOT READ CORRECTLY OR COMPLETELY...i stated my opinions on both sides when I said on the other hand I was talking about the member that posted the photo..not the ladies who told her to take it down....thank you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
I just want to say that I will not apologize for the way that I asked her to remove the photo becuase I should not have to sugar coat anything, I am very helpful to people who need help when I know the answer and can offer help. When I joined this forum us as newbies learned fast what to do and what not to do, if you (anybody) thinks I was rude about telling her to take the photo down then none of yall would of ever made it with the old crowd trust me

Also anyone who thinks that apology is or was sincere then I guess that you didn't read past the I want to apologize for calling her a B and then continued on to call her a smart a**.......................!

She also stated that she read the rules yet she still posted the photo..... We did not go crazy on her she started calling people names and we told her it was wrong
Old 07-17-2011, 07:14

Quote:
I did not want you to sugar coat anything.I hope you read my posts completely and correctly..And I said that it did not sound like her apology was sincere and I read the other posts and I wrote that she should have kept her negative comments to herself..please reread my post..I did not say anything about you ladies going crazy on her..AND I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE TAKEN TO A TOTALLY DIFFERENT LEVEL BECAUSE MY POST WAS NOT READ CORRECTLY OR COMPLETELY...i stated my opinions on both sides when I said on the other hand I was talking about the member that posted the photo..not the ladies who told her to take it down....thank you..
I read your post a few times and read it correctly, I have no problem with you or your post i just quoted yours because of the wishing someone would of told me nicer part.

ALL OF THIS WAS IN GENERAL THAT IS WHY IT WAS SEPERATED FROM YOUR QUOTE AND STARTED WITH ALSO

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-17-2011, 07:21

okay sorry I misread your reply..I just wanted to make sure that no one thought that I agreed with her thinking it was okay and her apology was not sincere but I do sincerely apologize for misreading your post..its hard sometimes to read someone elses words online and actually understand what they meant and the tone of voice..
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
I read your post a few times and read it correctly, I have no problem with you or your post i just quoted yours because of the wishing someone would of told me nicer part.

ALL OF THIS WAS IN GENERAL THAT IS WHY IT WAS SEPERATED FROM YOUR QUOTE AND STARTED WITH ALSO

Old 07-17-2011, 07:25

Quote:
okay sorry I misread your reply..I just wanted to make sure that no one thought that I agreed with her thinking it was okay and her apology was not sincere but I do sincerely apologize for misreading your post..its hard sometimes to read someone elses words online and actually understand what they meant and the tone of voice..
not a problem ! like i said i am not mad or upset at you lol

veronica

Old 07-18-2011, 03:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandir View Post
I wanted to apologize for calling whoever posted that video a bitch, because it wasnt a rude video. BUT, I do want to say there was no reason to be a smart ass because guess what, I DID google the bow and this is where I was directed. To this forum! I still stand by thinking that it was ok to post a photo with the creators watermark what said clearly exactly where it came from. If I was trying to steal it (which I know people obviously do and its sad) then I would have cut the watermark out and tried to make it not obvious that it was a stolen picture.

So, again, I apologize to you.

???? IMO, Not really the best apology I have heard or a good way to kick things off here....and honestly...Im not really enjoying all the cussing...Yea I know your upset, but please just be careful But anyways, again, welcome to the forum, I hope you find it useful and helpful.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Old 07-18-2011, 05:57

It was a sincere apology. And there really was no reason to be a smartass to me...just like there was no reason to call you a bitch. Thats fine. I dont need to be a member of the forum. I was truly apologizing and I feel the video was uncalled for. Obviously I did google or I wouldnt have even came to this forum. Thats fine. Its not necessary for me to be a member.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:33

Yesterday is gone and a new day is here! Let's have a bowutiful day ! hehehe

For futher reference this is the link to the forum rules:

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandir View Post
It was a sincere apology. And there really was no reason to be a smartass to me...just like there was no reason to call you a bitch. Thats fine. I dont need to be a member of the forum. I was truly apologizing and I feel the video was uncalled for. Obviously I did google or I wouldnt have even came to this forum. Thats fine. Its not necessary for me to be a member.
I let it slide the first time because everyone was upset.
From the rules, which you said you read....

*Profanity is not tolerated.

I thought I would also post these rules for everyone to read ...

*Participate to the fullest extent you can!!! We are a community and miss our
members when they are not here!

*Leave the site in better shape than when you got here by contributing with
your thoughts, ideas, and support for other members. And most important
..HAVE FUN!