http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:38

Default Help with this one please

I would like to find the name of this bow, or instructions on how to make them please. I LOVE them, but can not find them in the bottle caps that I want...Plus I really dont want to pay $6+ to get one since I would like to really start a collection of bows

Last edited by Brandir; 07-14-2011 at 01:15.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49

Default Re: Help with this one please

Is that your picture if not take it down and put a link to the photo up, also 6.00 for a bow is not a bad price for a handmade bow.................

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-14-2011, 12:54

Try this tutorial and she shows you 4 different ways to fold the ribbon on the needle. Use B. I start off with 4 pieces of 5 inch ribbon to make mine. Those measurements should give you her top layer. I have never done another layer, so I am not sure how much longer the pieces need to be to get the bottom layer. Hope this helps

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/cust...werLoopBow.pdf

Last edited by BlessedMom; 07-14-2011 at 12:57.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:00

You can't attach pictures that are not yours only post the link, so I'd probably change that first as it's taken very seriously on here... I'm not positive and have never made them but it looks like flower loop bow. I would just search that and you find something. the ribbon retreat has a tut on it. http://www.theribbonretreat.com/cust..._projects.aspx
Old 07-14-2011, 01:02

Sorry didn't mean to repeat, when I hit reply it wasn't on there lol
Old 07-14-2011, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassi Mae View Post
Sorry didn't mean to repeat, when I hit reply it wasn't on there lol
LOL I do that too. I will start typing a response and get distracted. By the time a post it I have either duplicated someone else or the thread has taken a totally different direction.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05

Welcome to the forum. First of all we are not allowed to post pics that do not belong to us on here. You need to post the link to where you found the picture. The owner of the picture has to be given credit by linking.

One of the ladies on here posted the link to the bow you are asking about. All you have to do is add a bottle cap. If you click on Search at the top in the blue bar and type in bottle caps you should get a bunch of threads that talk about making bottle caps.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16

Im sorry about breaking the rules on my first post. I thought that since they had their watermark that it was ok to post like that. My bad
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
LOL I do that too. I will start typing a response and get distracted. By the time a post it I have either duplicated someone else or the thread has taken a totally different direction.
Exactly what happened right before I posted it! I thought hmmm someone else probably posted already but what are the chances its the same thing... ahh oh well.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
Is that your picture if not take it down and put a link to the photo up, also 6.00 for a bow is not a bad price for a handmade bow.................

veronica

I know that tone of voice is not able to be expressed over the internet, but this seems kind of rude. I thought that with the watermark on it starting the makers name that it would be ok to post. As for the price, that is a lot for a bow when I am a sahm and I do not being in any money and have two girls. We make our house payment and pay the bills, and there really is no extra to spend on bows. So for me, $6 is a lot for a bow that I could make myself.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread