150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:23

Default Re: Help with this one please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandir View Post
I know that tone of voice is not able to be expressed over the internet, but this seems kind of rude. I thought that with the watermark on it starting the makers name that it would be ok to post. As for the price, that is a lot for a bow when I am a sahm and I do not being in any money and have two girls. We make our house payment and pay the bills, and there really is no extra to spend on bows. So for me, $6 is a lot for a bow that I could make myself.
when you start making bows then you will understand why i say that 6.00 is not a lot for a HANDMADE bow, I am also a stay at home mom so i know what it is like to be tight but i have never tried to make anyone feel bad about it.....

and that wasn't rude that was honest

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *

Last edited by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows; 07-14-2011 at 01:30.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 09:39

Majority of the the women here are SAHM's with mupltiple children (I am one with three kiddos). Many of us are also on small budgets due to tight finances.

One thing you will learn is anyone can make a bow...but not everyone can make a nice looking bow. There is a huge difference. $6 for a bow may seem like a lot of money to you but to someone who has spent money on tutorials (learning how to make it look so perfect), money on quality ribbon and different prints, them money to either buy the bottlecap or the money to make the bottlecap, and then takeng the time to put everything together...you will realize that $6 is not too much for a bow.

Also, if you look at the very top of the forum, where all the topics are, you would notice that they have the guidlines/ rules for the forum.

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/intro...-5-2011-a.html

We try to be very respectful to everyone here and we are rather protective of each other's pictures. The more you read about it the more you will understand.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:52
Banned

Had you read the rules you would have known about the pics. No one was being rude, just stating what it was. Your gonna need thick skin in this forum. people are nice and helpful, but the will tell it to you how it is, no sugar coating it. You will see the time and effort it takes to make a bow, and if you ever decide to start selling them, believe me $6.00 is nothing. It takes time. patience and practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandir View Post
I know that tone of voice is not able to be expressed over the internet, but this seems kind of rude. I thought that with the watermark on it starting the makers name that it would be ok to post. As for the price, that is a lot for a bow when I am a sahm and I do not being in any money and have two girls. We make our house payment and pay the bills, and there really is no extra to spend on bows. So for me, $6 is a lot for a bow that I could make myself.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplycasualkids View Post
Had you read the rules you would have known about the pics. No one was being rude, just stating what it was. Your gonna need thick skin in this forum. people are nice and helpful, but the will tell it to you how it is, no sugar coating it. You will see the time and effort it takes to make a bow, and if you ever decide to start selling them, believe me $6.00 is nothing. It takes time. patience and practice.

Who are you? I love you!!! Finally someone reads the rules on here before they dive right in!!! BTW....welcome to the board!!!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:30

I wish people who think they can make all these bows for cheap would consider the cost that goes into it. By the time you buy all your supplies it really isn't cheaper to make the bow than it is to buy the bow. If you buy your ribbon at joannes and want 3 different ribbons in your bow that's anywhere from $6-$12 right there. Then add in the clips, glue, and centers. It really isn't cheaper to do it yourself for 1-2 bows.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 07-14-2011, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
I wish people who think they can make all these bows for cheap would consider the cost that goes into it. By the time you buy all your supplies it really isn't cheaper to make the bow than it is to buy the bow. If you buy your ribbon at joannes and want 3 different ribbons in your bow that's anywhere from $6-$12 right there. Then add in the clips, glue, and centers. It really isn't cheaper to do it yourself for 1-2 bows.
I thought I would save a lot of money making DD bows and over time I will, but initially you put a lot of money into getting supplies. Destashes and grab bags on here have saved me a TON. When you start buying a roll of ribbon just for a piece to make one bow, it adds up quickly. Not counting the fact it takes A LOT of practice to make even some if the simpler looking bows. Time is also money. I think after she is on here a while she will understand better what everyone is talking about.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Who are you? I love you!!! Finally someone reads the rules on here before they dive right in!!! BTW....welcome to the board!!!!!
Amen and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:21

I was just reading this and was thinking, anytime I buy ribbon for a custom bow, or ribbon for my daughters bows I'm like geee, I'm putting the price of that bow back into supplies! But i always have that extra ribbon options added to my collection in the end which is good! Making your own bows can be cheaper, but it might take some time to see that, when you first start out its going to cost you more than 6.00 for ribbons, scissors, lighter, glue gun, glue, clips there's a lot of supplies that go into it, and you will probably need a lot of practice, folding bows (certain folds *cough* twisted boutique *cough cough*, lol) can be TOUGH to perfect, but once you've got it, you've got it btw welcome to the forum there's lots of helpful tips and lots of helpful ladies here, I know when I'm trying to get something right and can't quite figure it out, there's always someone here to save the day and give me a helpful tip that I never would have thought of

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Old 07-15-2011, 05:35

Welcome newbie,

As you can see there is alot to be learned on boards. There is a wealth of information on these boards and these ladies have what is considered a masters degree in bow making. Most everyone is most helpful and I have learned tons from them just by reading. One of the things I learned by all of my endevorss, EBAY, ETSY, AMAZON sales is to stalk the boards, read and learn from others experiance. if you can search for you information do so first, if not go ahead and ask.. I am sure the tone was not intended to be rude... pictures are very sensitive here and for good reason.. It is hard to get good ones. Being a newbie myself I would have thought a watermark was good too. I learned too... thanks girl
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplycasualkids View Post
I did read the rules, thanks though Like I said, I thought that since it has their watermark on it, which states where it is from, that it was ok to post like that. Thank you for confirming otherwise though. I appreciate that!

First, is it cheaper for me to make them then it is to buy them because I do not buy more than what is needed and I do not buy excessively. I have absolutely NO plans on selling, so thanks for making me aware of that also I believe that $6 is a good price, but to me, it is too much when I can make them for considerably less than that. Thanks though
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Closed Thread