printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-05-2011, 11:03

Default About Purchasing

Hello Ladies;

Everytime I use glue on my bottlecaps, some of the images peel off. So after reading the forum, most use a machine.

My question is where to purchase this machine - Xyron sticker machine - What style of machine to purchase and what type of stickers to buy?

Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.craftsbydeb.com
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 07-05-2011, 11:09

Default Re: About Purchasing

Its not really a machine, I use this and think its what everyone else uses.
http://www.papercraftcentral.com/xyron-150.html

It costs less than $10 and refills are around $5. If you buy it be sure to buy the PERMANENT refills not the restickable ones.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:59

you can buy them at walmart. super simple to use too!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26

if you have a HL nearby, they are cheaper than Michaels, and be sure to use your 40% off coupon...also, the 1" punches are 40% off this week.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:28

got mine at wmart
Old 07-06-2011, 01:50

How are you attaching the images to your caps? I use epoxy dots on my caps and I first stick the image to the sticky side of the epoxy dot, then I apply a small amount of super glue to the back of the image and stick it to my painted/colored caps.

Then I seal it, and I have never had an image come off. And let me tell you, that is an amazing feat because I have 13 and 15 year old careless sisters who are always trying to tear them up (:

'LIKE' our Facebook page to get a chance to win prizes in our up coming contests!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by asirual View Post
How are you attaching the images to your caps? I use epoxy dots on my caps and I first stick the image to the sticky side of the epoxy dot, then I apply a small amount of super glue to the back of the image and stick it to my painted/colored caps.

Then I seal it, and I have never had an image come off. And let me tell you, that is an amazing feat because I have 13 and 15 year old careless sisters who are always trying to tear them up (:

How and with what do you seal it?
TIA

P.s.
I love the sticker maker. Its a great invesment.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16

All I use is a paint like sealer that i found at Hobby Lobby. Idk what the exact name of it is.. I am out and on my phone right now, but when I get home, I will let you know.

'LIKE' our Facebook page to get a chance to win prizes in our up coming contests!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.