New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-06-2011, 07:21

Default Re: E6000 not holding on braided flipflops

Quote:
I use my HOT HOT HOT hot glue gun
What is the name? I didn't know they came in different watts?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 07-06-2011, 07:41

I've never made any braided flops, but I've always used e6000 to wrap straps and have never had a problem. Does the braided part over hang the strap a little? If so, could you maybe hot glue or e6000 a plain ribbon on the underside of the strap to help hold the braided part too?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31

Well, I reglued again today & clipped with clothespins. We'll see how it works tomorrow(24hrs). Do any of you rough up your straps B4 gluing? I did on the smooth ones--didn't help. Looking online yesterday I saw a place that had Amazing E6000 for crafters AND also one E6000. I think it was professional E6000. Has anyone ever used that one? I'll try to find what that site was & pass it on. BTW I make braids for my flipflops--I don't wrap. I appreciate all the responses (my 1st time asking a question).
Old 07-07-2011, 12:44

E6000 industrial strength glue is on Buy.com. If anyone has used this product, please fill us all in on it. I'd like to find a local store to buy it to see if it holds better.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu711 View Post
Well, I reglued again today & clipped with clothespins. We'll see how it works tomorrow(24hrs). Do any of you rough up your straps B4 gluing? I did on the smooth ones--didn't help. Looking online yesterday I saw a place that had Amazing E6000 for crafters AND also one E6000. I think it was professional E6000. Has anyone ever used that one? I'll try to find what that site was & pass it on. BTW I make braids for my flipflops--I don't wrap. I appreciate all the responses (my 1st time asking a question).
Just a thought but maybe the braids create an uneven bond as oppose to straight ribbon where it can grip the entire surface of the ribbon. What if you line the top of the strap first and then add the braid. I now it is more work but you might get better adhesion.

I have been making flip flops for 3 years and don't have any problems. I only line the strap and then use alligator clips to hold it into place for 24 hours.

Another thing that could be a factor is the humidity level when you make your flip flops. I remember someone posted last year that she had trouble when the humidity was high.

Good luck!

Donna N.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by massmom View Post
Just a thought but maybe the braids create an uneven bond as oppose to straight ribbon where it can grip the entire surface of the ribbon. What if you line the top of the strap first and then add the braid. I now it is more work but you might get better adhesion.

I have been making flip flops for 3 years and don't have any problems. I only line the strap and then use alligator clips to hold it into place for 24 hours.

Another thing that could be a factor is the humidity level when you make your flip flops. I remember someone posted last year that she had trouble when the humidity was high.

Good luck!

Donna N.
I do the braids all the time and they hold. I'm wondering if its the flip flops you're using?? I use the ON ones and I don't do anything to them other than add glue then the braid or ribbon. Someone else on here was having trouble with the baby ON flip flops holding. IT could bethe way the strap is made? Maybe they're too smooth or something. I really don't know. As I said, I have some from last year that I'm still wearing and they are fine.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52

Haven't had ON, yet. How much are they?? Will check my reglued flops later to see if they are holding. Thanks to all for helping with great suggestions. I'm going to check some local stores to see if they sell the industrial strength E6000. If interested, there are several online sites.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:09

No wonder the E6000 I'm using is not working right! I need to get the INDUSTRIAL Strenghth one
Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-07-2011, 03:20

You're quite welcome. HTH
Old 07-09-2011, 10:13

My flops are now holding the braids. After regluing, I waited almost 48hrs. to take the clothespins off & check them.VIOLA, IT WORKED. Thanks so much for all the help--you guys ROCK.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif