key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-06-2011, 10:10

Default Re: My website is up!!!!

Your photos are great- very professional! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg
Old 07-06-2011, 10:17

I can't get past the pink screen either. Lately, I've been working to resize my photos. I have an aircard, and my internet sucks...and I"m not the only one I'm sure lots of potential customers will deal with that, too
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05

It looks great but it does load very slowly and I have a fairly fast computer and internet service.

Your items are really beautiful!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:03

thought the site was great music a nice touch
Old 07-07-2011, 04:36

Thanks everyone. Not sure why it is loading slow for some people. I have it out to testers and have not encountered that problem~ not sure how to fix it. I will talk to the hosting company and see if they can do anything about it!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36

I too have entertained the idea of a "photographer" style website, but for boutiques I don't think it works so well. The site is beautiful, photos are stunning but I have to also say...

* it slows down the shopping experience.
*The sideways tabs are not ideal. along with the thin small font (maybe that's just my blindness lol).
* I'm used to clicking on the pictures or description to get to the "details and cart adding page"
*When I click the home tab I get the flash slide show again, that was a little bothersome.
*Your products look great!

I'm not saying I'm an expert or anything close...just one lady's friendly opinion.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerGirl View Post
I too have entertained the idea of a "photographer" style website, but for boutiques I don't think it works so well. The site is beautiful, photos are stunning but I have to also say...

* it slows down the shopping experience.
*The sideways tabs are not ideal. along with the thin small font (maybe that's just my blindness lol).
* I'm used to clicking on the pictures or description to get to the "details and cart adding page"
*When I click the home tab I get the flash slide show again, that was a little bothersome.
*Your products look great!

I'm not saying I'm an expert or anything close...just one lady's friendly opinion.
Thank you for your input!
What do you think slows down the experience?
The template does not allow me to change the way the tabs are
If you click on the magnifying glass right next to the name that gets you a larger pic and the description as well as an option to add to cart.
Yes the home tab is set up to only show the side show but you can click on the shop tab and the drop down menu will come up and you can click on that anytime.
I wanted something different then the typical boutique website ~ hope I made the right choice
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05

Sorry to be a bummer, the site is really nice. Thanks for the instructions too, I guess the point was that you wont be there to help the customers if they get stuck, so the site must be really easy to navigate, see, ect...

I'm still tweaking my own site too, so I'm in the same boat. I had photos up that were too large because it was easy for me to see, but when I asked around someone said the site looked as if it was made for blind people. ...sure it was funny, but I kinda felt offended. After comparing my site to more popular ones I did see what they were saying, and aside from that, the big ole pics made the site run slower.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:05

I think it looks great! I love the maddie flower!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby77 View Post
I think it looks great! I love the maddie flower!
Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale-300.jpg