150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-04-2011, 01:36

Default When I ship my bows they flatten out....how do you 'fluff them'?

I have had a couple customers ask me how to fluff the bows after I have sent them to them because they were flatten when shipped, but I am not sure how to answer them. I had read that with flowers you can spritz them with water and use a blow dryer to fluff them, but what do you do for bows? I would appreciate any advice! Thanks....I love this forum!!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:48

Default Re: When I ship my bows they flatten out....how do you 'fluff them'?

How are you shipping your bows? Do you bake and/or starch them?

I starch my bows and then ship them in boxes instead of a polymailer or envelope. I've never had any complaints.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2squirrels View Post
How are you shipping your bows? Do you bake and/or starch them?

I starch my bows and then ship them in boxes instead of a polymailer or envelope. I've never had any complaints.
I starch my bows and ship in boxes, too. I've never had complaints either.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
I starch my bows and ship in boxes, too. I've never had complaints either.
this!
I always send my bows in boxes.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:35

I always send bows - no matter how small - in a box. If I purchased a bow from somewhere and it came flattened in a mailer, I'd be extremely upset.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:26

where do you get boxes?
Old 07-04-2011, 07:33

my local walmart usually has some perfect sized boxes for $0.54 and of course I have a box stockpile cause I always save them when i order something

www.facebook.com/jettabettabowtique
Old 07-04-2011, 07:38

easy way to fix that ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS SHIP IN BOXES!!!! you can get boxes at walmart if you are in a pinch or just need a few or you can go to uline and get them

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 07-04-2011, 08:19

You can get boxes at office supply stores as well and I get mine at Sams club, or Cosco ( i think thats what its called in the south)

I always send my bows in BOXES!!! If someone is willing to pay for the shipping Prio boxes are free on usps.com order a BUNCH and they ship them all right to your home. ( me and my husband both own different types of biz's and both use LOTS of prio boxes)

But thats just me!!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06

I would never ever mail my bows in a polymailer or envelope!!! It is better to take pride in your work and put some tissue paper in a box and carefully place your bows in there. Cover with the tissue and place a business card creatively in there or seal the tissue with a thank you sticker. Always use boxes to send bows. The only time I see anyone using a polymailer is if the bows were flat itty bitty tuxedo style bows. The kind that do not need fluffing but for me all of my bows get sent in a box.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif