Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Why didn't anyone tell me? (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/91053-why-didnt-anyone-tell-me.html)

Woobie 07-01-2011 01:53

Why didn't anyone tell me?

I've been using hot glue to fully line alligator clips. Today, I tried double stick tape. Why didn't anyone tell me how much easier (& faster) the tape is??? ;;D

Woobie 07-01-2011 04:58

Re: Why didn't anyone tell me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woobie (Post 1141874)
Why didn't anyone tell me how much easier (& faster) the tape is??? ;;D

BTW... I say this with the utmost sarcasm/fun. I totally didn't expect anyone to tell me. lol

Laura612 07-01-2011 05:07

I've been thinking about using the tape since reading about it here... but I'm worried about it eventually peeling off.

vanillababy 07-01-2011 05:16

tape never occured to me before coming here...

sparkle 07-01-2011 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura612 (Post 1141990)
I've been thinking about using the tape since reading about it here... but I'm worried about it eventually peeling off.

if you want to make a quality product i recommend using the glue gun. tape does peel off after a short while. i wholesale lined clips and one of my first questions from buyers is are they glued or taped ? imo

unbrokendreamz 07-01-2011 06:06

agreed, and in the sun the heat makes the tape unstick as well as the cold.. also when the bows are hanging on a bow board the weight from thr bow makes the tape unstick and sag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkle (Post 1142009)
if you want to make a quality product i recommend using the glue gun. tape does peel off after a short while. i wholesale lined clips and one of my first questions from buyers is are they glued or taped ? imo

jhutchinson419 07-01-2011 06:10

Quote:

Agreed. I loved it at first because it was so much faster, but I have a whole thing of clips that have tape on them that is peeling off that I just don't want to fix :(

rufflesandribbon 07-01-2011 06:13

I use a combo. The tape is great for a smooth, flat finish on the top but I secure the end & the pinch with glue.

** and newbies - the tape we are talking about is a specialty/filet tape sold by several people or in GB's on here. It's nothing you can buy at your local craft store.

nauticasmom 07-01-2011 07:47

Very nice to know, I have been using hot glue and had considered ds tape, but I'm glad I didn't :)
Quote:

ronnie 07-01-2011 07:51

I hate the tape because it comes apart in some areas. A hot temp glue gun is what has worked best for me.