New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-20-2008, 10:28

Default Re: it's like an elephant in the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft4you View Post
i just wanted to put in my .o2 i have the instructions from the ad and i love them very much they are great and very detailed and i have a couple instructions for the woven headband i sometimes by more than one set of instructions for the same thing if i am having a problem with it bc sometimes i use parts from several ones for me to be able to do it so even if one person sells instructions and someone else sells the same instructions sometimes they are written very different and different ones can help different people

Very true, thank you for your 2cents

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 05-20-2008, 10:28

Joan and Amber, you're cracking me up!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-20-2008, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
Wendy
I would just like to say to you I am sorry your feelings were hurt I understand. Everytime I see that huge add I think about how I would feel. I remeber you posting the bride and later the groom. You seem like such a nice women and very helpful. I love everything on your site!

Thank you so very much!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber427 View Post
It was the mermaid. I have it clipped to a piece of ribbon, and everytime my husband walks past it- he calls it something else. He also said it was like a train wreck- he had to come back and look at it.

So glad he supports me. TURD.
oh wait! I lied. I did. I made the MGMG turtle. I showed it to dh. He asked me if it was a shamrock

Then, bless her heart, Edith...Edith told me never ask the dh. Only ask a child...they know. And she was right, PB1 at age 2 knew it was a turtle

ISO: manners
Old 05-21-2008, 12:19

Wow, I don't know how I have missed this post! I guess I thought it was about an elephant hair clip!

Well, I do know who sells this e-book and I am a member of her Yahoo group. I know that her husband has kidney disease, having already lost one kidney. What money she makes she is saving to help pay for a kidney transplant due to them having no insurance to cover this. She has a rather large family and I am sure money is very tight for them.

Just as many of you request free help, she has her group members that request she make these e-books to sell. I am thankful to all of you who have provided your talents to each of us. I have purchased a few e-books from this lady and I feel like if I can help someone out, then I will do that.

Just wanted to share what I knew of her. I'm sure she would hate knowing her ad is an elephant.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelia91 View Post
Wow, I don't know how I have missed this post! I guess I thought it was about an elephant hair clip!

Well, I do know who sells this e-book and I am a member of her Yahoo group. I know that her husband has kidney disease, having already lost one kidney. What money she makes she is saving to help pay for a kidney transplant due to them having no insurance to cover this. She has a rather large family and I am sure money is very tight for them.

Just as many of you request free help, she has her group members that request she make these e-books to sell. I am thankful to all of you who have provided your talents to each of us. I have purchased a few e-books from this lady and I feel like if I can help someone out, then I will do that.

Just wanted to share what I knew of her. I'm sure she would hate knowing her ad is an elephant.
I just want to touch on something here...I am also a member of the group, I purchased her Hannah Montanna instructions when my dd saw them and went nuts for them, figured it would save me the time of figuring out my own design (still haven't made it though). I only visited the group for a very short time. I am not a fan of Yahoo groups and I hardly every visit any of the many I'm a member of LOL. I remembered her talking about a post here where someone mentioned the money going to help her husband. She clarified that that was just from her first set of free instructions when she was accepting donations. She felt bad that she was being misrepresented. I just went to the group and looked up that post, it is message number 12067, if you want to see for yourself

I wish her family well. I'm not trying to tell anyone not to buy her instructions. Or for anyone to buy mine! I'm not trying to be competitive. I think the fact that there is more to this story than I'm willing to share is making things confusing, it's not just about who the seller is, where she get's her ideas, or if her instructions are good or not (from skimming the one I bought, they look well written) there is so much more and others involved in the current turn of events. I think that I am going to refrain from commenting anymore except to say...

I am so appreciative of the support here from my fellow HipGirls! I hope to keep sharing free tutorials or offering help whenever I can, however, I'll be keeping it all in the private forums from now on.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Last edited by Wendy523; 05-21-2008 at 01:05.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:41

i had not seen it before but i just saw it and i have to agree that the price does seem a bit steep
Old 10-17-2010, 11:45

Wink Re: it's like an elephant in the room!

I love all of the tut's! Free or otherwise. I personally am on a tight budget and make all of my dd's hair accessories myself and could not afford to do it without the help of you sweet members who post clear directions.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg