ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-20-2008, 01:44

Default Re: it's like an elephant in the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by island_girl_bows View Post
I would prefer it if Lynn made the directions since I KNOW her roses look outstanding... BUT if someone made a step by step how to make Roses that has good detail and the finished product look as good as Lynns... Id buy it in a hot second ...sorry Lynn but I would... I am getting better at the roses by watching the horrid videos but it could be way better. and if someone out there made a good how to I would buy it.

See, although nothing wrong with it, that is what makes me sad I am very grateful for Lynn's video and while the video could have improvements, I don't think it is horrid. If someone wants to make a better instruction that is great, I'm sure that it would sell. I just would hope that those of us that know the true creator would credit that person for her hard work and creativity.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2008, 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
See, although nothing wrong with it, that is what makes me sad I am very grateful for Lynn's video and while the video could have improvements, I don't think it is horrid. If someone wants to make a better instruction that is great, I'm sure that it would sell. I just would hope that those of us that know the true creator would credit that person for her hard work and creativity.
I agree it just burns me when people complain over something FREE!!! I do not have an opinion on any of this except that I think to complain about something someone gave you is just ridiculous!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:24

I am fairly new here, but this is how I feel about this site. I think this site is great, and I am grateful for any set of instructions the people on this site share for free...I can't afford much, I am not looking to make a lot of money doing the bows...I like to try new things for my daughter and her cousin. I have discovered that instructions someone is selling in one place, someone else has posted it somewhere else for free! I like the idea of this forum and can appreciate the craft. Sometimes people tend to forget how what adjectives they choose to describe something, can hurt anothers feelings.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:17

Wendy
I would just like to say to you I am sorry your feelings were hurt I understand. Everytime I see that huge add I think about how I would feel. I remeber you posting the bride and later the groom. You seem like such a nice women and very helpful. I love everything on your site!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:51

Ahhh, just in from my day job, not bows...sad but true

I thought everyone was very nice, polite, civil and mannerly in this thread...

What's up with that?????

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's all good

ISO: manners
Old 05-20-2008, 08:32

i just wanted to put in my .o2 i have the instructions from the ad and i love them very much they are great and very detailed and i have a couple instructions for the woven headband i sometimes by more than one set of instructions for the same thing if i am having a problem with it bc sometimes i use parts from several ones for me to be able to do it so even if one person sells instructions and someone else sells the same instructions sometimes they are written very different and different ones can help different people
Old 05-20-2008, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft4you View Post
i just wanted to put in my .o2 i have the instructions from the ad and i love them very much they are great and very detailed and i have a couple instructions for the woven headband i sometimes by more than one set of instructions for the same thing if i am having a problem with it bc sometimes i use parts from several ones for me to be able to do it so even if one person sells instructions and someone else sells the same instructions sometimes they are written very different and different ones can help different people

Good for you! I think there are a lot of us with different instructions! I have free ones from here and other free sites, I have TOTTs, Roni's, LAMBs, and LCB's too! Oh, and a free tutu and a not free tutu. I think that's it. Maybe.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:10

I saw the price and I was all.. WHATTTTTTT!!!! I am QUEEN of cheap- that's why I am on a free forum !

I have figured out that if everyone is buying the same instructions and making the same thing- it's going to drive the market way down.

My little doll clippies look like something out of a horror film- so I am not going to waste time and money perfecting them. nope! Not for me
Old 05-20-2008, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber427 View Post
I saw the price and I was all.. WHATTTTTTT!!!! I am QUEEN of cheap- that's why I am on a free forum !

I have figured out that if everyone is buying the same instructions and making the same thing- it's going to drive the market way down.

My little doll clippies look like something out of a horror film- so I am not going to waste time and money perfecting them. nope! Not for me
At least you TRIED a character clippie...I don't even dare, lol!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:20

It was the mermaid. I have it clipped to a piece of ribbon, and everytime my husband walks past it- he calls it something else. He also said it was like a train wreck- he had to come back and look at it.

So glad he supports me. TURD.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg