printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-19-2008, 11:52

Default Re: it's like an elephant in the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
How are you? I think about you for some reason! You make some cool stuff!!!

trying to get ready for summer w/ the kiddos
Other than that been staying busy sewing for them and gifts lol.
thanks

JJ on FB
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 05-20-2008, 06:45

I absolutely love you guys. I saw this ad yesterday. And as I was reading your post - 2 ads (1 in the middle of the page & 1 at the bottom) was showing for these. I, too, do not do these but it is because I am scared of them. But I love you all because I was thinking the same thing about the ad & you all were already discussing it!

Missy
Mom to Abby & Emma (identical twins)
http://twolittlemonkeys.shutterfly.com
Old 05-20-2008, 09:20

I get the whole kinda loyalty thing...I do ...really... but but but... COMON!

Michelle runs this site with support of those Ads. The ADS Cost ppl money to post them in hopes of you members buying what ever is in the ad.

Yes there are others here on the board that are selling them too... I dont know whos are better I cant deal with itsy bitsy bits of ribbon I have fat fingers LOL... But Bashing someone because they compliled everything in ONE place and then posting a AD that supports THIS BOARD is just silly. Its like saying you are gonna copyright the nonslip grippies on clippies and are gonna sue.

Other ppl can compile their own directions and sell them too... they could buy an AD here too... whether they choose to do so is their own biz... Each person has to decide what is going to make them more $$$ and Drive more ppl to their websites... to each their own
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57

I'm heading out in just a second, but wanted to quickly reply here.

I don't want anyone to bash anyone (I don't believe anyone has). I am so very touched by the loyalty and support here. There is a lot of background here that only a few know about. And I will not bring it all out. I am not the only one who has the right to feel a little "off" about the whole thing.

I think that the instructions that are being advertised here look beautiful and are probably well done. I am not saying that any one set of instructions are better than anyone elses.

Bottom line, this is Michelles site. She can do as she wishes. And we are free to feel as we do about it one way or another

I believe in Karma. I'll keep doing what I believe is ethical and morally right. I do occassionally have lapses in judgement, and if I have wronged anyone during those lapses, I do my best to make it right.

OK, no time to proof read, yikes. Hope it came across as intended.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-20-2008, 10:04

Be aware Im not attacking you please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
No one is against her selling her directions here or anything like that,
but in the last statement say it like it is you dont think she is nice person for hurting your friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI
That's why we get upset, because one of our own was hurt, her creation was taken by someone else, and that someone else sold mentioned design as if it was her own.
She shared how to make those creations on a Public Board... it then becomes Open Source so to speak...as long as there is no plagerism/stealing of photos then in essence it is her creation... moral? no not necessarily... but in the end most ppl dont care bout morals they care about the $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI
but to make the design exactly like the one the members here had made, does not make her seem nice in our book.
I have no idea who this person is...so I cant tell if they are nice or not... it doesnt really matter... the other lady in question should put up her own ad her and list it as the ORIGINAL character clippies.

LCB sell the Original headbands instructions and I have seen at least 4 other ppl putting out the same types on Ebay in the past...you can even find similar instructions free on the net if you know how to search and use the right search parameters.

anyway... thats my 2... I probly pissed a couple ppl off.... sorry
Old 05-20-2008, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
I believe in Karma. I'll keep doing what I believe is ethical and morally right.
Have a wonderful day!!!

Yep... I like and belive in Karma too... what goes around comes around... it all pans out in the end...

this person was oppurtunistic... they saw a oppurtunity that no one else saw... compile the directions all in one spot an make some money on it... the lazy folks that dont want to search for the free ones will come an buy those...

Thats why I say Wendy/others who made their own characters get a Ad for yourself/ drive Biz to your sites put it out there big and bold not just in a thread where it can get lost with time... anyway Im done... I hope everything pans out in the end for everyone... Im gonna go make some Fobs now
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
There is no need to bold out your statement so much!
LMAO

Im blind

I love the comic sans font but cant read it in #2 font even with my glasses

Sorry didnt mean to offend
Old 05-20-2008, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by funybuny View Post
what if someone made e-book instructions for Lynn's rose.
I would prefer it if Lynn made the directions since I KNOW her roses look outstanding... BUT if someone made a step by step how to make Roses that has good detail and the finished product look as good as Lynns... Id buy it in a hot second ...sorry Lynn but I would... I am getting better at the roses by watching the horrid videos but it could be way better. and if someone out there made a good how to I would buy it.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
a little birdie told me that this mystery person has just completed another set of instructions. And she will be making several more if the interest is there
Of course there is!!! She rocks my socks!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by island_girl_bows View Post
Yep... I like and belive in Karma too... what goes around comes around... it all pans out in the end...

this person was oppurtunistic... they saw a oppurtunity that no one else saw... compile the directions all in one spot an make some money on it... the lazy folks that dont want to search for the free ones will come an buy those...

Thats why I say Wendy/others who made their own characters get a Ad for yourself/ drive Biz to your sites put it out there big and bold not just in a thread where it can get lost with time... anyway Im done... I hope everything pans out in the end for everyone... Im gonna go make some Fobs now
Maybe I will someday. The thing is, I am not making these to make a huge profit or anything (although our family could certainly use it!). It started out just trying to help people and I learned very quickly that doing that can get you stepped on. The people that matter to me most know who the original creator of certain designs were (not just me btw). I never said that what anyone has done is illegal (except for the person who stole my images, and I don't think anyone has claimed that it is. I agree that it was opportunistic.

I actually don't disagree with what you've been saying at all. Except that those of us that have been stepped on have every right to feel put out. And should have the right to vent in a polite and civil way as I believe has been done in this thread. And like I said, there is a whole lot more to the background that is not public that has made me annoyed with the current turn of events, but I'm not going to discuss that except with the parties involved should I feel that it would make any difference.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.