Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-15-2011, 06:08

Default Please help! I have a question!!!

Hi everyone! I am a newbie for posting, but have done my fair share of reading here the past month that I have signed up... You are all some TALENTED LADIES!!!!!!!! wowee!

I have a question and I was hoping that someone could help me out a bit. I am in the midst of making some of the corkscrew (korker) ribbons (not sure what the correct terms are!) and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I know how to curl them and have even learned about starching from here, but I was wondering about sealing the ends? I had been sealing mine with a lighter/ candle, but found that they were burning sometimes and I had to redo a bunch. I then came on here and learned about the fray chek stuff and bought it and I really like it.

My question is this... When do you seal the ends? Do you do it before the ribbon is curled? Do you seal the ends as you make each individual hair bow, or do you make a bunch of ribbons at a time? I realize that it is a tedious process, but is there any way to make it go a bit faster for me? I was just wondering if any of you wonderful ladies has any tips on sealing ends that doesn't take hours upon hours!

Thanks in advance!
Taryn
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 06-15-2011, 06:11

Default Re: Please help! I have a question!!!

I seal mine afterwards and I use a woodburner.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13

I curl all my korkers and then cut/seal all in one with a woodburner...hth
Old 06-15-2011, 06:14

Thanks so much for your quick reply! What is a wood burner? Where do you get them? (I am assuming a home-improvement store?) Do you seal the ends after you make each little bow? Or before you have put the bow together? Thanks for your answer!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:16

You can get a woodburner anywhere...HL, Michael's, Wal-Mart....they cut and seal your ribbon all in one. They save TONS of time!

ETA: They're used to burn designs and stuff into wood....Here's a link to show you one.

Last edited by cackysanda; 06-15-2011 at 06:18.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:45

I just bought my woodburner today at WM. $10. I can't wait to use it. As for your question. I seal mine after I cook them.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandmscreations View Post
I just bought my woodburner today at WM. $10. I can't wait to use it. As for your question. I seal mine after I cook them.
Careful with the stand that comes with it! It's SUPER easy to knock off and that thing BURNS!!!! I have a scar that looks like mine on my leg, a small one on my arm and I knicked myself with it yesterday lol (I am VERY accident prone )
my suggestion is to put it in a coffee cup....
Old 06-15-2011, 07:02

You are KIDDING ME! It seals AND cuts at the same time? MAN OH MAN I had NO idea!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo going to go see if I can find one! Thanks for letting me know!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarynscreations View Post
You are KIDDING ME! It seals AND cuts at the same time? MAN OH MAN I had NO idea!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooo going to go see if I can find one! Thanks for letting me know!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!! It's one of the BEST investments I've ever made lol and like a pp said they're only like $10-$15....
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cackysanda View Post
Careful with the stand that comes with it! It's SUPER easy to knock off and that thing BURNS!!!! I have a scar that looks like mine on my leg, a small one on my arm and I knicked myself with it yesterday lol (I am VERY accident prone )
my suggestion is to put it in a coffee cup....
HAHA! Thanks for the heads up! I, myself, am very accident prone. Every 6 months it's guaranteed I have a serious injury. One time a seperated shoulder, 2 broken ankles in the last year. AND even jalopeno fingers to the eyes! lol Maybe a wood burner wasn't a good idea? lol
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg