http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-15-2011, 11:34

Default Re: Please help! I have a question!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandmscreations View Post
HAHA! Thanks for the heads up! I, myself, am very accident prone. Every 6 months it's guaranteed I have a serious injury. One time a seperated shoulder, 2 broken ankles in the last year. AND even jalopeno fingers to the eyes! lol Maybe a wood burner wasn't a good idea? lol
Coffee Cup I'm telling you best thing I ever did!!!I only knicked myself yesterday 'cause I knocked over the coffee cup LOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarynscreations View Post
Hi everyone! I am a newbie for posting, but have done my fair share of reading here the past month that I have signed up... You are all some TALENTED LADIES!!!!!!!! wowee!

I have a question and I was hoping that someone could help me out a bit. I am in the midst of making some of the corkscrew (korker) ribbons (not sure what the correct terms are!) and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I know how to curl them and have even learned about starching from here, but I was wondering about sealing the ends? I had been sealing mine with a lighter/ candle, but found that they were burning sometimes and I had to redo a bunch. I then came on here and learned about the fray chek stuff and bought it and I really like it.

My question is this... When do you seal the ends? Do you do it before the ribbon is curled? Do you seal the ends as you make each individual hair bow, or do you make a bunch of ribbons at a time? I realize that it is a tedious process, but is there any way to make it go a bit faster for me? I was just wondering if any of you wonderful ladies has any tips on sealing ends that doesn't take hours upon hours!

Thanks in advance!
Taryn

I wrap the ribbon around dowel rods, starch the ribbon on the rods, cook it, then after the ribbon's been cooked, I unwrap the starched ribbon from the rods and cut it then. I use a woodburner and cut my korker pieces approximately 2 1/2 inches long. I usually can get about 5 pieces from one dowel rod. When you use the woodburner, it automatically seals the ends, so you save a step! HTH
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 06-16-2011, 11:18

DEF with the woodburner (I just recently bought mine), and if you are close to a HL or a Michael's, sign up for their email coupons/sales, and use that 40% off coupon!!! (I print out several and hit HL at least twice a week on my lunch break..i am soooo lucky, I have 3 HL, 3 Michaels, and a Joanns between home and work...you can drool now)
Old 06-16-2011, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy teez View Post
DEF with the woodburner (I just recently bought mine), and if you are close to a HL or a Michael's, sign up for their email coupons/sales, and use that 40% off coupon!!! (I print out several and hit HL at least twice a week on my lunch break..i am soooo lucky, I have 3 HL, 3 Michaels, and a Joanns between home and work...you can drool now)
Thanks for rubbing that in!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:47

Wow I love this website! You are all so sweet and so helpful! I checked at Michael's today and I found one that has 4 different ends to it... with the 40% off coupon it will be around $10. That is amazing! I made a whole bunch of dowels last night so that I would be ready to try it today. Thank you SO much for telling me about it, and for explaining how you do it. I really appreciate it.

I am also accident prone - when I told my hubby about it he rolled his eyes and asked if it comes with elbow-length mitts... I wonder if he was trying to tell me something...

Thanks again, girls!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10

This thread made me go out and buy a wood burner today! I hope it is as great as I think it is going to be!!!!
Sponsored Links