http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2011, 01:37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default how do they? Layered felt flower

http://www.etsy.com/listing/17170312...skinny-elastic

http://www.etsy.com/listing/15611670...skinny-elastic

http://www.etsy.com/listing/74403635...skinny-elastic

I love these felt flowers. I can't quite tell how they are assembled or what die cut is being used. Any thoughts?

Last edited by ruby3232; 06-15-2011 at 02:25.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15
Ste1977's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,256
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

You aren't supposed to post photos that belong to others. Posting links is fine
__________________
S'te

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:57
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
You aren't supposed to post photos that belong to others. Posting links is fine
Thank you for letting me know about my mistake. I am new. I thought since the photo had the credit on it it was ok. Sorry, I guess I blew it since no one will respond. Maybe if I make another mistake you could send me a private message instead. I would appreciate that more.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 12:08
DesertPearl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 265
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

I would suggest searching here and google, for all the manufacturers dies and try to match the designs. She is using several different dies to make unique designs. Gotta research, research, and more research.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 12:28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPearl View Post
I would suggest searching here and google, for all the manufacturers dies and try to match the designs. She is using several different dies to make unique designs. Gotta research, research, and more research.
Thanks DesertPearl, the only flower die I have been able to find is the cuttlebug one that has 4 flowers. I tried the quick kutz and they won't cut the felt. I was hoping someone would know of a good flower die in several different sizes that would cut the felt. I haven't had any luck in my searches.

Last edited by ruby3232; 06-16-2011 at 12:46.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:13
DesertPearl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 265
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby3232 View Post
Thanks DesertPearl, the only flower die I have been able to find is the cuttlebug one that has 4 flowers. I tried the quick kutz and they won't cut the felt. I was hoping someone would know of a good flower die in several different sizes that would cut the felt. I haven't had any luck in my searches.
Some of the manufacturers that I like are, sizzix, papertrey ink, my favorite things, tim holtz, and spellbinders nestabilities, HTH!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:22
texasmonkeymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,122
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby3232 View Post
Thank you for letting me know about my mistake. I am new. I thought since the photo had the credit on it it was ok. Sorry, I guess I blew it since no one will respond. Maybe if I make another mistake you could send me a private message instead. I would appreciate that more.

She more than likely has different sized die cuts and punches for these flowers.

We all start out new, she was just letting you know the rules. If no one is responding it more than likely means those that view the post don't have the answer, not that they are purposely not responding because you made a mistake. The ladies here are awesome and not mean like that.

Posting it here as opposed to pming you helps other new members learn the ropes too. We just have copyright laws and such we have to make sure are upheld.

Good luck on your search to make the flowers, those are really cute.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:29
sweethairclips's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,350
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

She used several dies (sizzix) to make the flowers. On the second link, the pink flower is made from this 3d die http://www.sizzix.com/product/2162 and the white flower on the bottom is something else.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPearl View Post
Some of the manufacturers that I like are, sizzix, papertrey ink, my favorite things, tim holtz, and spellbinders nestabilities, HTH!
Have you ever tried to cut felt or fabric with the nestabilities. I've seen those at a local craft store here and I thought they might not work?

Thanks for all the info.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default Re: how do they? Layered felt flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmonkeymom View Post
She more than likely has different sized die cuts and punches for these flowers.

We all start out new, she was just letting you know the rules. If no one is responding it more than likely means those that view the post don't have the answer, not that they are purposely not responding because you made a mistake. The ladies here are awesome and not mean like that.

Posting it here as opposed to pming you helps other new members learn the ropes too. We just have copyright laws and such we have to make sure are upheld.

Good luck on your search to make the flowers, those are really cute.
Thanks, I guess it's easy to come across as unfriendly through email.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger