New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46
Carlee-Ann1622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Posts: 1,828
Default Bridal comb

I had a customer ask me i I could make this comb for her wedding. I have never made a comb before or anything like this for that matter. Does anyone have any advice? TIA

http://www.haircomesthebride.com/Combs-AA-9972.htm
__________________
I WHOLESALE KORKERS!
[email protected]
SAHM to Princess Paige (5) and Princess Mariah (4)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2011, 01:18
Carlee-Ann1622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Posts: 1,828
Default Re: Bridal comb

Bump.....
__________________
I WHOLESALE KORKERS!
[email protected]
SAHM to Princess Paige (5) and Princess Mariah (4)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2011, 02:57
Aeonix's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 582
Default Re: Bridal comb

I made my own tiara for my wedding, it was a lot of fun. I was able to hide the wire wrapping by using crystals on the band itself. It's unfortunate there's no way to zoom in on the pics on that website, but it looks like it's the exact same technique just longer and trailing instead. Basically you thread the beads on, and twist the wire to secure. Make sure you have plenty of wire to include the twisting, so it's on as few separate pieces as possible.
It also looks as though every now and then they looped and twisted larger sections so they don't come apart and have a better structure, if that makes sense.

Hobby Lobby sells the blank combs
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/ite...?ItemId=149262
I'm also adding a pic of my tiara. I'd show you the original inspiration but I don't have a link back to the original picture and have no idea where I found it, I just have the picture itself.
HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding tiara.jpg (77.0 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Aeonix; 06-14-2011 at 02:59.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05
Carlee-Ann1622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Posts: 1,828
Default Re: Bridal comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
I made my own tiara for my wedding, it was a lot of fun. I was able to hide the wire wrapping by using crystals on the band itself. It's unfortunate there's no way to zoom in on the pics on that website, but it looks like it's the exact same technique just longer and trailing instead. Basically you thread the beads on, and twist the wire to secure. Make sure you have plenty of wire to include the twisting, so it's on as few separate pieces as possible.
It also looks as though every now and then they looped and twisted larger sections so they don't come apart and have a better structure, if that makes sense.

Hobby Lobby sells the blank combs
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/ite...?ItemId=149262
I'm also adding a pic of my tiara. I'd show you the original inspiration but I don't have a link back to the original picture and have no idea where I found it, I just have the picture itself.
HTH
Thank you so much for the info!!!! what size wire do I need and are the holes on the beads different sizes? I really have no clue lol.
Thanks again
__________________
I WHOLESALE KORKERS!
[email protected]
SAHM to Princess Paige (5) and Princess Mariah (4)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2011, 10:44
Aeonix's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 582
Default Re: Bridal comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlee-Ann1622 View Post
Thank you so much for the info!!!! what size wire do I need and are the holes on the beads different sizes? I really have no clue lol.
Thanks again
The holes are different sizes depending on the size of the bead, but 20 gauge should fit most of them. If you go with 3mm use 22 gauge or thinner. 3mm are *tiny* though, I think the smallest I used was a 4 or 5.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42
Carlee-Ann1622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Posts: 1,828
Default Re: Bridal comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
The holes are different sizes depending on the size of the bead, but 20 gauge should fit most of them. If you go with 3mm use 22 gauge or thinner. 3mm are *tiny* though, I think the smallest I used was a 4 or 5.
Thank you Aeonix! You have been so much help! I am going to get the stuff to try it out tomorrow! Thank you!
__________________
I WHOLESALE KORKERS!
[email protected]
SAHM to Princess Paige (5) and Princess Mariah (4)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2011, 03:53
Aeonix's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 582
Default Re: Bridal comb

You're welcome, best of luck! Post pics when you make it I'd love to see how it comes out.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2011, 08:01
Carlee-Ann1622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Posts: 1,828
Default Re: Bridal comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix View Post
You're welcome, best of luck! Post pics when you make it I'd love to see how it comes out.
I absolutly will!
__________________
I WHOLESALE KORKERS!
[email protected]
SAHM to Princess Paige (5) and Princess Mariah (4)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 288
Default Re: Bridal comb

I have no idea how to make something like that but that is really pretty!
__________________
Join me on Facebook!
Jilly's Bowtique
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger