Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:24
kimmit326's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 609
Default how to attach russian veiling

How in the world do you attach the russian veiling? I made a trio rosette headband on elastic, but I'm lost as to how I would attach the russian veiling?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:27
Sweet Mommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,551
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

i add mine to felt first, then put it on the back of the rosettes. then put my elastic on & another piece of felt. or if the base of my rosette is flush, I can glue the netting directly to it, then add the elastic, then felt. that way it's not as bulky.

i have no idea if that made sense. it did in my head, but i'm tired. hth a little
__________________
Maggie

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2011, 12:11
taterbug02's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 193
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Mommy View Post
i add mine to felt first, then put it on the back of the rosettes. then put my elastic on & another piece of felt. or if the base of my rosette is flush, I can glue the netting directly to it, then add the elastic, then felt. that way it's not as bulky.

i have no idea if that made sense. it did in my head, but i'm tired. hth a little
I make mine the same way
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2011, 12:20
BowMamaof4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

Make sure you "shape" it first too. I do a running stitch through the very last row of triangles and then gather it together (in whatever fashion I want). I do this before I attach it. Then I glue it into place and cover it with felt like the other girls stated.
__________________
Ashley

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!


I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2011, 10:30
Sweet Mommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,551
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Make sure you "shape" it first too. I do a running stitch through the very last row of triangles and then gather it together (in whatever fashion I want). I do this before I attach it. Then I glue it into place and cover it with felt like the other girls stated.
yes!! this too! The veiling is so much easier to "mold" when you have the thread on it!!
__________________
Maggie

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51
staciem's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 416
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Mommy View Post
yes!! this too! The veiling is so much easier to "mold" when you have the thread on it!!
Hiya! So...I'm confused. Where exactly do you add the thread, and what does it do? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brigham City, UT
Posts: 1,418
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

I am new here & actually just posted a tutorial for how to attach Russian Netting.... today! This tut is FREE if you would like. Also, I'm a no-sew kinda gal so my version only uses glue.

http://fancyschmancyboutique.wordpre...ting-tutorial/

Best of luck!!

-Jeni
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2011, 06:37
noahsmom8497's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 757
Default Re: how to attach russian veiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyschmancybyjeni View Post
I am new here & actually just posted a tutorial for how to attach Russian Netting.... today! This tut is FREE if you would like. Also, I'm a no-sew kinda gal so my version only uses glue.

http://fancyschmancyboutique.wordpre...ting-tutorial/

Best of luck!!

-Jeni
THANK YOU! That's pretty much what I've been doing, minus the scrap felt and it hasn't been too fun. Now I know!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger