New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
New products--hip girl clips
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-04-2011, 03:07
Default Re: how to do the multi layer on bottom

Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
Seriously, your tutu spoiled? Your like my idol. lol! I have the tuts to the spikes, but yours and others that I have seen that have lots of layers to it. I don't know if I am making since. But yes, that is what I want to know. Wow, I had no idea. You need to link your page, your awesome.
That link takes me back to my page....meaning my personal page. I wasn't able to view the link.

There are several ways to do them and to be honest I don't have a set way. I always change it depending on the bow I am making. If you are using a lot of spikes trying faning them out the way you want them to be and then use your wood burner to fuse the ribbon together so it stays. I make two at the top and one at the bottom (this is when I am working with marabou) that way there is not so much bulk in the center.

The bow in my profile I just used a needle and thread and placed each center of the spike through there and fanned it out the way I wanted it to look. Then I creased the center and secured it with the thread and knot at the end. I have a fan page but it is not open to the public right now and my old business page was a personal one that I no longer use. Currently all of my orders are from word of mouth and that has kept me plenty busy. I had to cut back because I could not keep up with demand and be able to keep time balanced with my family, which is my biggest priority.

Last edited by ronnie; 06-05-2011 at 10:31.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56

Could someone post pics of the slats you burn in the ribbon? For some reason it's not making sense to me. lol

Also where do you find the ostrich feathers that are curly? Or is that some thing you do to it?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:04

Are these just stacked bows, with more spikes, or are they loopy bows?
Sponsored Links