http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-03-2011, 09:35

Default how to line, a crochet tutu top? or other ideas?

I tried to find one real quick and couldn't. I know I have seen them. They use the crochet top but some how it's lined with fabric? I am not super handy with my sewing machine. lol

I was also what others do to make it not look see through. I like it for babies but toddlers on up, I think I like something covering more?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 06-03-2011, 10:11

Default Re: how to line, a crochet tutu top? or other ideas?

I'd love to know this as well! Do they make the knit headbands in a wider size? Those might work, then you'd just have to sew the headband to a tutu, or you could probably line the crochet headband with knit fabric, but I am NOT a seamstress at all, I'd probably try to hand sew it because I love to torture myself lol
Old 06-03-2011, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLilyJewelry View Post
I'd love to know this as well! Do they make the knit headbands in a wider size? Those might work, then you'd just have to sew the headband to a tutu, or you could probably line the crochet headband with knit fabric, but I am NOT a seamstress at all, I'd probably try to hand sew it because I love to torture myself lol

I would probably handsew too, because by the time I get my machine out and figure it out. I could be done. I just wonder if handsewing would really hold up though.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07

I line mine but I also have lager size tops as well
Old 06-03-2011, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmit326 View Post
I line mine but I also have lager size tops as well

Do you mine sharing how you do it. I think of seen some of your stuff before and your a good seamstress. Would it be something a novice could do?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
Do you mine sharing how you do it. I think of seen some of your stuff before and your a good seamstress. Would it be something a novice could do?
LMAO, i would hardly call myself a seamstress, lol. I wanted to line tops so i went and bought a sewing machine that day and made my first one, trust me i'm a novice among novices, I'm actually working on putting a tut together for tutus and included will be instructions on how to line the tops, but its REALLY easy, it was a lot of trial and error, mostly just error on my part because i have/had no experience what so ever. sorry, i'm still laughing that someone would think im a good seamstress
Old 06-03-2011, 02:31

There are 8.5" ones sold on ebay. Just search "large tutu tops". Also, here's my huge secret. Are you ready? Are you sure? I actually read it on HG a while back but everyone just thinks it genius. I can't take credit though.....

Double layer the tops.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmit326 View Post
LMAO, i would hardly call myself a seamstress, lol. I wanted to line tops so i went and bought a sewing machine that day and made my first one, trust me i'm a novice among novices, I'm actually working on putting a tut together for tutus and included will be instructions on how to line the tops, but its REALLY easy, it was a lot of trial and error, mostly just error on my part because i have/had no experience what so ever. sorry, i'm still laughing that someone would think im a good seamstress

Well, anyone who can even use a sewing machine is a good seamstress to me lol. I have one, but usually only get it out when I sew with my mom. I just always get it jammed up, don't do the bobbin right ect...I will look forward to the tut
Old 06-03-2011, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
There are 8.5" ones sold on ebay. Just search "large tutu tops". Also, here's my huge secret. Are you ready? Are you sure? I actually read it on HG a while back but everyone just thinks it genius. I can't take credit though.....

Double layer the tops.
ooh, that is a good idea! I have bought some on ebay, i will have to look for the larger ones. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
Well, anyone who can even use a sewing machine is a good seamstress to me lol. I have one, but usually only get it out when I sew with my mom. I just always get it jammed up, don't do the bobbin right ect...I will look forward to the tut
it literally took me hours to get the threading figured out, my thread kept breaking and getting knotting up from the bobbin, I think at one point I was on the verge of breaking the darn thing lol. Maybe if I had watched the instructional DVD when I first brought it home....... I'm making some dresses tonight and will take photos for the tut and stuff.
Sponsored Links
Ribbon Darlings And Curly Girlz Cheerleader Instruction For Hair Clips or Scrapbooking--From NoBowNoGo. Click Here for details and Click Here to subscribe.
cheer leader hair bow clip instruction
ribbon darling hair bow clip instructions