http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-02-2011, 12:41

Default left versus right???

I'm fairly new to bow making and mostly just do stuff for friends and family.. I find sometimes that I just get so anxious to put the bow on the clip that I don't stop to think about which way it should go on. Sometimes if I put it on the wrong way the bow is upside..(depending on which side of the head the clip is going to be worn on)...Do ya'll have a standard side that you put the pinch part of the clip on?? Or do you just do what the customers request?? Are more for left side or right side..or does this really even matter?? for those of you that do shows and such do you offer the bows both ways or just one??

hope I'm making sense..I think I'm more confused now..
Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2011, 12:47

Default Re: left versus right???

i usually make them faceing left
Old 06-02-2011, 12:48

I do half and half. Some girls part their hair one way and others the other way
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganskiddos View Post
I do half and half. Some girls part their hair one way and others the other way
do you find that you have requests for one way more than the other?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00

I generally do mine on the right side. That's the way both of my girls part their hair and I do too. I was told by my hair stylist that if you are right handed your dominant side of your body will be your right, so most likely your hair will part to the right. Who knows if that's true but if it is more people are right handed rather than left soooo there is my not so scientific conclusion LOL!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2squirrels View Post
I generally do mine on the right side. That's the way both of my girls part their hair and I do too. I was told by my hair stylist that if you are right handed your dominant side of your body will be your right, so most likely your hair will part to the right. Who knows if that's true but if it is more people are right handed rather than left soooo there is my not so scientific conclusion LOL!
Well that makes total sense ..
Old 06-02-2011, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2squirrels View Post
I just asked both my teenage girls (one is a lefty and one a righty)..and according to my not so very detailed and super short research ITS TRUE!..who knew??

Good to know..now I think I will try to mostly do right and offer left as needed...
Old 06-02-2011, 01:36

For my own girls I do right, but if I am doing them for a customer I asked which way they are going to clip it in their hair!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:58

I asked a friend who was ordering some snap clips from me a couple of weeks ago which way she wanted the clip to go because she had requested the mini bow to be lengthwise on the clip. It took a texted picture and some explaining before she understood what I was asking. lol
Old 06-02-2011, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystallynn View Post
I asked a friend who was ordering some snap clips from me a couple of weeks ago which way she wanted the clip to go because she had requested the mini bow to be lengthwise on the clip. It took a texted picture and some explaining before she understood what I was asking. lol
haha thats too funny... I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know there was a difference in left and right bows til recently DUH!
Sponsored Links