150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-28-2011, 07:35

Default High temp glue gun or E6000 for resins?

I have seen many posts with people using both for resins. I don't really like using E6000 and would prefer to use hot glue. For those who use (or did) hot glue, did it seem to work for resins? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49

Default Re: High temp glue gun or E6000 for resins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2make View Post
I have seen many posts with people using both for resins. I don't really like using E6000 and would prefer to use hot glue. For those who use (or did) hot glue, did it seem to work for resins? Thanks!
For me? No. Hot glue did not work at all. I have to use E6000.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:32

I agree for resins E6000 all the way, with hot glue you seem to need A LOT of it and with the E6000, not so much so you don't have it sticking out of the ends on the flat backs.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:49

I use hot glue to sometimes glue resins to clippies and I've never had a problem and I've never been able to get one to come back off. I've pulled so hard the ribbon came loose from the clip but the resin didn't come off the ribbon. I don't like E6000 it always makes a big mess for me!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:27

I have used both! The e6000 works great but you have to deal with the smell and slow drying time. Hot glue does not hold as good but is fast drying with no smell. If it is small then go with hot glue. The bigger resins I use e6000. I like to sew what I can also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2make View Post

www.doodlesbowtique.com
Old 05-30-2011, 11:07

I've had flat back resins pop off numerous times with hot glue, so now I always use E6000 for any center on my bows. I hate that it takes so long to try (& the lovely high I get from sniffing the glue) but they have NEVER come off!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13

If hte back of the resin is very smooth I always use E6000. I'd rather have to deal with the mess, smell and wait time than sell something that could easily come apart!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:45

Has anyone tried Zap a Gap... Its amazing and dries instantly! The smaller bottles are easier to control then the larger ones. And if you get it on your skin it eventually peels off... its not like crazy glue on skin.

I have used E6000 and Glue gun... but I prefer zap a gap...

My note is that a little goes a long way... if you put to much on it wont dry instantly...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:10

i've never heard/seen zap a gap . . . but it looks pretty good!

hey maxine . . . if you're reading here . . . look at this - f/flops . . . even works on oily surfaces!

http://www.supergluecorp.com/zap/zap-glues/zap-gap
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02

Is this available at walmart, our better yet where can you buy it? I need some of this lol!
Sponsored Links