http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-22-2011, 09:59

Default What to make for a First Grade teacher, using Dr. Seuss ribbon

I have some Cat In the Hat ribbon and One Fish Two Fish ribbon from a Group buy. I got the "Hat" motif, the Thing 1 and Thing 2 circles, and the Parade of fish from "One Fish Two Fish.

Obviously I can't do anything too girly such as a twisted or a boutique and the ribbon I picked is too wide for a clippy. With the exception of the T1 & T2 which is 3/8 but I don't know how that would work on a salon clip. In other words, could I trim it to fit and center just one Thing 1 and one Thing 2 without it looking silly.

I'd rather do a simple Cat In the Hat bow, and maybe do a more elaborate one for her daughter, who is in the third grade. Or would her daughter be too old for Dr. Seuss.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Kel
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 10:09

Default Re: What to make for a First Grade teacher, using Dr. Seuss ribbon

What about a corsage and add another piece of painted ribbon that says, "Best Teacher 2011". You can give this to her in the morning to wear all day. Just a thought.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
What about a corsage and add another piece of painted ribbon that says, "Best Teacher 2011". You can give this to her in the morning to wear all day. Just a thought.
Oh, I like this idea! I was going to suggest a small wreath to hang on her door...let us know what you come up with!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27

The corsage is a great idea!

Another is to make a bow that would attach to a ribbon around a small plant or vase of flowers. She could detach the bow and give it to her daughter if she wanted. You could mention that.

Or make several small bows and attach them to a cute coffee mug or vase. Include a flower pick that holds a card of appreciation.

Trust me, the BEST thing we can do for teachers is to send them notes of appreciation! Those mean more than any items we can make or buy!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:18

What about a lanyard? I think thats what they are called. You know , you see them wearing them and they hold their pens or nametags , etc?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by avajo123 View Post
What about a lanyard? I think thats what they are called. You know , you see them wearing them and they hold their pens or nametags , etc?

Love this idea! Also, maybe what about a wrapped plastic headband. Since she has a daughter in 3rd grade I assume she's on the younger side (my dd is in 2nd grade) and as a teacher would probably be hip enough to wear that - the kids would probably get a kick out of a Dr. Seuss headband on their teacher! And, I would think her 3rd grade daughter wouldn't be too hold for a matching bow - I know my daughter would LOVE it - if you're not sure, though, maybe do a headband for her, too, or maybe a pony-o streamer. HTH!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:11

What about a Dr Seuss themed message board/photo holder, it would be great in a 1st grade classroom.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:30

What about a wrist key fob? Or a canvas bag with the ribbon stitched on the front with a bow?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:45

LOL! I have a 3rd grader and I'm a very young 56!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:50

Thanks for the ideas.

Kel
Sponsored Links