New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-15-2008, 06:47

Default Re: pettiskirts

You gather one edge of the strips and leave the other edge alone to attach the next tier.

Its like a tiered skirt.
I used 7 yards of chiffon on mine.
took me 2 1/2 hours to complete.
Its VERY full.

I used the martha stewart instructions.
It made a skirt suitable to fit a infant or toddler up to a 4t.Possibly even a 5.
My 8 year old wears a size 7 in length and its too short on her.
Heres jorja wearnig it shes 7 months

Ive got enough fabric to make more !! Im currently cutting a red white and blue one

Its really super easy once you get the hang of it
Im a pretty fast learner so my typical time is not everyone elses LOL .
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-15-2008, 07:23

Just go to Marthas website and type in pettiskirt and it will come up

I found then today a Libby Lu in the mall for 32.00 she told me not all will get them but mine did have them. I got black with hot pink and light pink with hot pink trim. I will post pics when I have her pick done in them!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelzer View Post
The expensive pettiskirts (Kyia Eve...mispelled, I think) are made from chiffon. I paid 90 bucks for daughter's pettiskirt and it's so freakin' adorable that I could just cry. Check out my myspace page...it's the avatar pic: MySpace.com - N-Style Boutique - 34 - Female - COLLEGE STATION, Texas - www.myspace.com/nstyleboutique

The lady that wrote those instructions said it took her about 8 hours to make her first pettiskirts. She said she can make them in about 4 hours now, if she works really hard.
The ones from libby lu are shorter and not as full but still really cute and a lot less~~I may still have to buy a fuller one!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:45

I'm going to have to ask my friend were she gets hers from. She a photographer and she only pays $25.00 for hers and the look just like the expensive ones. I bought the instrucitons form youcanmakethis.com but haven't tried to make one yet.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnmacsmom View Post
I'm going to have to ask my friend were she gets hers from. She a photographer and she only pays $25.00 for hers and the look just like the expensive ones. I bought the instrucitons form youcanmakethis.com but haven't tried to make one yet.
If you find out PLEASE pm me the information~~my daughter LOVES them and wants on in every color but can not afford them at 80.00!!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnmacsmom View Post
Sams Manufactoring
If you do a co op and buy so many you get them for $25 base price + for other color additions extra fluff etc.
BUT
it takes 6 months to get your order at LEAST!
my moms board group ordered in october last year.
they are STILL waiting for pettiskirts from that order.
They placed ANOTHER order in feburary this year.
they have recieved 3..
yes 3 from this order.
Theres a girl that needed hers before her disney vacation that ordered last year and got them 2 months after her vacation. by then she was tired of waiting and resold them on ebay.
If you go the $25 route PLEASE keep in mind you will NOT be receiveing your order in a few weeks.
more like months.. and months.
Im a instant gratification kind of gal so I cant hanlde the waiting for one LOL
Old 05-15-2008, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmiller79 View Post
Sams Manufactoring
If you do a co op and buy so many you get them for $25 base price + for other color additions extra fluff etc.
BUT
it takes 6 months to get your order at LEAST!
my moms board group ordered in october last year.
they are STILL waiting for pettiskirts from that order.
They placed ANOTHER order in feburary this year.
they have recieved 3..
yes 3 from this order.
Theres a girl that needed hers before her disney vacation that ordered last year and got them 2 months after her vacation. by then she was tired of waiting and resold them on ebay.
If you go the $25 route PLEASE keep in mind you will NOT be receiveing your order in a few weeks.
more like months.. and months.
Im a instant gratification kind of gal so I cant hanlde the waiting for one LOL
Do you have their website??
I looked up square dancing apparel and fund skirts that look almost identical except they do not all have the bottom ruffles for between 25.00-35.00!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBowtique View Post
Here are a couple of pics of my 1st Pettiskirt, It's definately not as full as normal, but I think it has to do with the fact I used the tulle instead of the chiffon.....not to mention I didn't add one of the rows of fluff on the bottom because I was just fet up! I am going to try it again and do it with the chiffon and use a gathering foot next time to see if it saves on time.

Let me know how it goes for you when you make yours!!

Edith
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:42

I like how the lady on Martha Stewart said at theend real quickly when Martha mentioned her label on the skirt..something like.."I have to.. there a lot of knock offs out there..." And I'm thinking "Well Lady, you just broke it down step by step and measurements (wich by the way did I hear right??45 yds!!!) for everyone to make one!!! Love all the pettiskirts on her site..I saw there is a store close to me that carries them..so I will check it out!!

But they are beautiful!!!!!

Rachel and Rachelle
Old 05-15-2008, 11:48

wait I like her phrase on her web page!!!
Kaiya Eve Children's Couture - Pettiskirts, Pettitops, Girl's Clothing, Accessories
Yeah they are so pretty I had to go back!!

Rachel and Rachelle
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.