Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39

Default help with cheer bow

Hi Ladies,

I am new here and a little overwhelmed ! I have been asked to make some cheer bows for my daughters cheer team and found this one but need a tutorial on how to make it wiht the two diff ribbons. If anyone could help me I would much appreciate it. This site is fabulous and I am very excited to get learning!

Heres the pic of the bow I found. I need a tutorial if possible! thanks!!
Ps... Ive lost my post now a few times too... lol I will get this forum concept soon! lol

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:07

Default Re: help with cheer bow

Hi Laura. The bow you have pictured is a Power Bow. That company makes some incredible bows. I am assuming you are new to the forum. The forum has policies about posting works of others without giving them their due credit.

You may post the link to their site or particular bow, but you may not post the picture.

That being said, the bow you are asking about is very simple. It can be done in two ways. You can fuse the materials to grosgrain ribbon with Heat n Bond, or you can cut two separate ribbons, fuse the material to the grosgrain ribbon and glue the ends of the ribbons together to make a solid line of ribbon before tying the bow.

If you need extra help, I would suggest purchasing the instructions from No Bow No Go. If my memory serves me correctly, this type of bow may be in their tutorial.

The tut is $5.00 and an immediate download upon payment. That is where I and most of the fine ladies in this forum got started.

Once you have the tutorial, if you need further help, feel free to PM me and I will do what I can! HTH!

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz

Last edited by gmcks2001; 05-17-2011 at 02:09.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:16

Thank You Ann,

Yes I am new , that was my first post. Yes it was from power bows.com I needed to find a picture of what I was looking for so I didnt know the rules, and I am sorry. I will purchase that tutorial online, thanks again for your quick response.

Laura
Old 05-17-2011, 06:13

Good luck Laura. If you have any questions or need a little guidance, let me know and I will help you if I can! Post pic when done! I would love to see what you come up with.

Ann

Last edited by gmcks2001; 05-17-2011 at 07:34.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:16

well i think i'm in over my head. the sample cheer bows i made a couple weeks ago were a hit, i guess. or maybe not. because now she wants me to make some "crazy" bow samples. i didn't know what a "crazy" bow is so i sent her the link to power bows and asked if some of the more elaborate bows were what she was talking about (it's my co-worker's sister, so we're very informal). so she says "yes" those are the type bows she wants. crazy patterns and decorations and such. in her school colors. navy, light blue and white. yeah, well great. i have some sequin material i special ordered but i can't find "crazy" patterned ribbon anywhere in those colors. any suggestions?

thanks,
sandy
Old 05-18-2011, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisook View Post
well i think i'm in over my head. the sample cheer bows i made a couple weeks ago were a hit, i guess. or maybe not. because now she wants me to make some "crazy" bow samples. i didn't know what a "crazy" bow is so i sent her the link to power bows and asked if some of the more elaborate bows were what she was talking about (it's my co-worker's sister, so we're very informal). so she says "yes" those are the type bows she wants. crazy patterns and decorations and such. in her school colors. navy, light blue and white. yeah, well great. i have some sequin material i special ordered but i can't find "crazy" patterned ribbon anywhere in those colors. any suggestions?

thanks,
sandy
Hi Sandy! The bows that you are thinking about doing require practice and a template. I saw in another post that you were thinking about using fabric tape to bond sequin fabric to ribbon. I have never tried it but using heat n bond has it's advantages. HnB also seals the edges and helps to prevent fraying.

I will do what I can to help if you have any questions. If you could provide a pic of what you are looking to make or a link to the bow on the website, I will see if I can help you to figure it out.

Ann

Old 05-19-2011, 09:06

Ann,

I wanted to thank you for your help, I download the tutorial and was able to succesfully make a half and half bow! I used simple ribbon to do my first one, and I couldnt believe how easy it actually was

I am looking forward to making some pretty fantastic cheer bows for my girls! I will post pics soon. Where should I post them?

Thanks again!

Laura
Old 05-19-2011, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraH View Post
Ann,

I wanted to thank you for your help, I download the tutorial and was able to succesfully make a half and half bow! I used simple ribbon to do my first one, and I couldnt believe how easy it actually was

I am looking forward to making some pretty fantastic cheer bows for my girls! I will post pics soon. Where should I post them?

Thanks again!

Laura
Good for you! I love that tut! It is the best!

You can post them to this thread that you have already created or in the Hairbow Gallery section!

Ann

Old 05-19-2011, 10:38

Ann

I appreciate all of your help! I will try to send a link of a bow or two that I might attempt. I have received very little guidance - "crazy bow" is what they asked for! Well, I'll give 'em crazy!! Haha just kidding.

I have the TNT tut, too and I think it's totally fantastic. The first two bows I gave to my customer as samples were a simple 8x8 with three colors and a half and half bow, again w/three color ribbons.

I think I'm going to give the HnB another try. I will post pics too and would love your constructive criticism

Thanks again!
Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
Hi Sandy! The bows that you are thinking about doing require practice and a template. I saw in another post that you were thinking about using fabric tape to bond sequin fabric to ribbon. I have never tried it but using heat n bond has it's advantages. HnB also seals the edges and helps to prevent fraying.

I will do what I can to help if you have any questions. If you could provide a pic of what you are looking to make or a link to the bow on the website, I will see if I can help you to figure it out.

Ann
Old 05-19-2011, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisook View Post
Ann

I appreciate all of your help! I will try to send a link of a bow or two that I might attempt. I have received very little guidance - "crazy bow" is what they asked for! Well, I'll give 'em crazy!! Haha just kidding.

I have the TNT tut, too and I think it's totally fantastic. The first two bows I gave to my customer as samples were a simple 8x8 with three colors and a half and half bow, again w/three color ribbons.

I think I'm going to give the HnB another try. I will post pics too and would love your constructive criticism

Thanks again!
Sandy
There are a few of us on the forum who work solely on cheer bows. My friend BlkHawkFan isn't on here as much as she use to be, but she is also a great source to get help from. Neither one of us sell cheer bows as our main income, so we are only too glad to help someone out.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Ann

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg