New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-16-2011, 12:28

Default Not really a "how to make" but a couple of questions.

So I made my first twisted by hand today that looked even halfway decent. Can any of you critique and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I do freehand because I cannot afford the template at the moment LOL! Keep in mind I haven't finished the bow, it's just been folded and sewed.

2nd question is:

I want to do an order from HH. I wanna order a couple of tutus and embellish them, and definately some crochet headbands (they are way cheaper than HL!) Is there anywhere that is cheaper than HH? How fast is their shipping??

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 12:49

Default Re: Not really a "how to make" but a couple of questions.

My suggestion would be to crease the center tighter..its doesn't really look creased to me...also I think the bow is backwards but I'm not sure.this is a good link for learning to fold by hand..it does take time and lots of practice but you will get there.

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/boutique_bow.html

As for your other ? group buys are a great way to get inexpensive supplies.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:52

here are some great helpers too
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...e+instructions
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41

It looks like you have the right idea. I agree with the above poster that the center does not look all the way creased. Try pinching it a bit tighter. Also, what width ribbon are you using and how long of a cut did you use? I'm not sure but it looks like maybe you have too long of a piece for the size ribbon you are using.... I'm not sure though it's hard for me to gauge size. Keep practicing and you'll have it in no time!

Jeana
Old 05-17-2011, 10:35

I agree with the others, but I think when you apply a center wrap/knot it will probably be creased more.

You're on the right track! The loops look correct, but they just need a little adjustment and to be shaped some.

This type of bow is the HARDEST to make and just takes practice, but you're doing well.

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
www.birdsongbows.com
Old 05-17-2011, 03:33

You have to buy massive quantities of headbands to get a good price. If you're looking for a few hundred, pm me and I'll give you a good supplier for about .11 ea. If not, about .35-.50 seems about standard a piece.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:32

I agree with the others to def. pinch it more, also I think it may be turned wrong....? It looks to me like you turned the bow sideways (not backwards)and then pinched (does this make sense?) lol!

It looks nice and "loopy" though!! I also think maybe you are using too much ribbon..... You will get there! I still have some days where I have to make a twisted about 900 times before it looks like I want it too
Sponsored Links