key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2011, 07:42

Default Re: Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
I love that tutu i am going to try and make one but i am just going to wing it lol we shall see how this goes

veronica
Let me know how it goes. I'm going to try another one with less layers and a little shorter maybe that will help.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBowMom View Post
Because of the shine of the fabric, I'm guessing that's organza and not tulle. I would say organza by the yard has more hand than tulle. Combined with the stiff printed ribbon on the hem, it would give it that shape naturally.
Right - organza does that and not tulle...imo
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08

Ok, someone stated it was tulle. It just has that shine wavy pageant skirt look. So, IDK....good luck in your search.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Ok, someone stated it was tulle. It just has that shine wavy pageant skirt look. So, IDK....good luck in your search.
It says in the discription of the tutu that it's tulle but that doesn't mean it is. If I use organza and sew it the same as the tulle. Do you think that will work?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28

Thats cute I will try making one when I get back
Old 05-13-2011, 09:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmit326 View Post
Some people who posted a response may not know how to make that kind of tutu, I've never made one like that either, but I can take a guess as to how they might have made it, to me it looks like she sewed the ribbon triim along the bottom, I can't tell if she did this will tulle on the bolt, but my guess is that she did them as strips as it appears to have several layers. When you made your tutu how many layers did you do? I normally use 3-4 layers on one strip. This is an example of mine

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73216495...fle-tutu-dress
kimmit326 I love love love your tutu!!! I haave not seen this one before. What type of tutu is that? Is there instructions on youtube for this type?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
kimmit326 I love love love your tutu!!! I haave not seen this one before. What type of tutu is that? Is there instructions on youtube for this type?
I have to agree it is really cute!!!!! Please share if your willing
Old 05-13-2011, 03:17

I don't have a tutorial for it, I just started making them, but I have thought about doing a tut for these. Still undecided. This just came to me one day and it took me hours and hours of trial and error to get it right. Here are some other examples of the ones I have made.

tutu2.jpg

rainbow.JPG

purple.jpg

greenandpink.JPG
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51

[QUOTE=kimmit326;1089382]I don't have a tutorial for it, I just started making them, but I have thought about doing a tut for these. Still undecided. This just came to me one day and it took me hours and hours of trial and error to get it right. Here are some other examples of the ones I have made.

Well if you ever do a tut, I would love to see it. It looks like in the one you cut the tulle, Is that right?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:57

Yes, I cute the tulle, I use both from the bolt and the kind on the rolls depending on what I have on hand. If I have to have something and they don't have it on the rolls then I get some from the bolt. I just haven't started a tutu on this dress because I'm still in the trial and error phase, each time I have made this dress I've done it differently and improved on it, so I'm still trying to get my method done perfect. I'd hate to have anything less than perfect.
Sponsored Links