http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2011, 03:38

Default Re: Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookshomemadegoods View Post
Could you post a picture of yours? Maybe then we could see what your talking about exactly. Sometimes pictures help.
This is mine. I did a pocket layer and then 4 layers that I lined with the satin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5070082.jpg (30.7 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
See, most of us have no problem helping. But a lot of women here have lucrative businesses where they have studied long and hard to perfect their crafts. The last thing they want to do is hand that knowledge over. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot (or, in this case, your livelihood).

Once someone has the general concept down, we can usually help fill in a few blanks here and there. But if you're looking for someone to give you their trade secrets, well.. that really isn't going to happen.
I have been looking for awhile now maybe I'm just calling it the wrong thing, any ideas what I should screach for. I normally look for lined tutu or trimed tutu. Things like that

Please don't fight, I totally understand when people would not want to explain how something is done, because well they do it well themselves
Old 05-12-2011, 03:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredbyCourtney View Post
I have been looking for awhile now maybe I'm just calling it the wrong thing, any ideas what I should screach for. I normally look for lined tutu or trimed tutu. Things like that

Please don't fight, I totally understand when people would not want to explain how something is done, because well they do it well themselves

I am going crazy here trying to figure out the name that is used when the tutu gives that perfect wave look. I have heard someone call it something on here a long time ago. I am not tutu buff at all. I wonder if Jessica would know. She makes some pretty awesome tutus. I will ask her.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:48

Have you tried to sew a stitch in the tulle to gather it? I've been looking at tutorials on making dresses for my little girls and it seems as though when you gather the fabric, you can add more to your garment if that makes sense.

Sooooo, I would take the tulle from the bolt and figure out the length that you want. So if you want a 6 inch skirt, cut the length at 12 or 13 inches. I would sew a stitch to gather it, then try to add it to the elastic.

Far as the Zebra tutu, it looks like tulle off of the bolt and it seems as though she sewed ribbon at the end of the skirt. She said that she used four layers of tulle, but I don't recall if she mentioned how many yards, which would most likely make a difference.

Hope that helps you some.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 05-12-2011, 03:54

I think she is using alot more tulle. Maybe not but it seems that way. I know how you feel though. I made a tutu filled with petals like that and mine looked like yours. I didn't add the ribbon to the bottown though.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:01

I may be looking at it wrong but it looks like one layer but a lot of tulle giving it that wavy look. Plus the ribbon at the end helps keep its shape. Try following the ends and see if I am right or wrong. My eyes maybe seeing it wrong.

*nevermind she is using 4 layers. I am guessing the one with the zebra ribbon is on top and then maybe a blk layer/blue-zebra layer/black layer? Not sure.

Last edited by ronnie; 05-12-2011 at 04:04.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookshomemadegoods View Post
I think she is using alot more tulle. Maybe not but it seems that way. I know how you feel though. I made a tutu filled with petals like that and mine looked like yours. I didn't add the ribbon to the bottown though.
I use 90inches at first. But when it came time to put the eastic through it took all the strech out and I couldn't get it through it all. I ended cutting it in half so I used 45inches 10inches wide. 6 layers total. So I don't understand how to get more tulle on the elastic it seems like you can only put so much
Old 05-12-2011, 05:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I am going crazy here trying to figure out the name that is used when the tutu gives that perfect wave look. I have heard someone call it something on here a long time ago. I am not tutu buff at all. I wonder if Jessica would know. She makes some pretty awesome tutus. I will ask her.
Thank you for taking the time, I know all for us are very busy. I just can't figure out what I did wrong with mine
Old 05-12-2011, 06:42

I doubt I am much help because I have no idea how to make that tutu. However, by reading the description she has you can see two things.

A. it is made of tulle, not organza
B. she used 4 layers.

This is the first outfit in my new line of couture birthday outfits! The new line will include outfits that pull out all the stops!

This Turquoise zebra diva tutu is made with four layers of tulle for the poofiest tutu ever! The bottom two layers are black and the top two are bright turquoise! The tutu is trimmed with zebra print ribbon and topped off with an inch and a half zebra print bow!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:12

I love that tutu i am going to try and make one but i am just going to wing it lol we shall see how this goes

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links