http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2011, 01:58

Default Re: Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to come off as mean or anything, but what is the point of having a "how to make" on the board if all people are going to say is google it? I thought this board was about sharing ideas and helping each other out? I know that things get asked over and over and those I understand but I haven't really seen anything about this type of tutu...
Old 05-12-2011, 02:02

Some people who posted a response may not know how to make that kind of tutu, I've never made one like that either, but I can take a guess as to how they might have made it, to me it looks like she sewed the ribbon triim along the bottom, I can't tell if she did this will tulle on the bolt, but my guess is that she did them as strips as it appears to have several layers. When you made your tutu how many layers did you do? I normally use 3-4 layers on one strip. This is an example of mine

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73216495...fle-tutu-dress
Old 05-12-2011, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhess View Post
Not to come off as mean or anything, but what is the point of having a "how to make" on the board if all people are going to say is google it? I thought this board was about sharing ideas and helping each other out? I know that things get asked over and over and those I understand but I haven't really seen anything about this type of tutu...
I *was* helping out by advising her to google for tuts. And as Ronnie said, there are a lot of great videos on youtube. I've seen instructions for this type of tutu so I know they're out there. I found them by googling
Old 05-12-2011, 02:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I *was* helping out by advising her to google for tuts. And as Ronnie said, there are a lot of great videos on youtube. I've seen instructions for this type of tutu so I know they're out there. I found them by googling
I know you guys are helping, I didn't mean to come off that you guys aren't. :-)

Just seems like that's the response to every thing is "google it".
Old 05-12-2011, 02:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I can vouch for that.

Yesterday I asked the girls in the Ruby room for help with finding something. I ended up searching and found what I needed. I am an impatient person when I am looking for info so I depend on my own searches for everything.

Sometimes if you type is different key words you may find what you are looking for. I know that youTube always has great tutorials for just about every style of tutu out there. That would be a great place to start searching.
You're very right about youtube Ronnie. I've learned some great techniques by watching what others have done. Usually it's much easier to learn from a video than by reading text that someone wrote. I know it works better for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:18

Quote:
I know you guys are helping, I didn't mean to come off that you guys aren't. :-)

Just seems like that's the response to every thing is "google it".
See, most of us have no problem helping. But a lot of women here have lucrative businesses where they have studied long and hard to perfect their crafts. The last thing they want to do is hand that knowledge over. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot (or, in this case, your livelihood).

Once someone has the general concept down, we can usually help fill in a few blanks here and there. But if you're looking for someone to give you their trade secrets, well.. that really isn't going to happen.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23

Quote:

I hadn't either that is why I suggested her to check out You Tube. I am not sure how you think I am not helping her. I tried helping her. I am a big fan of searching because honestly that is how I found most of the answers I have found. Yes, it does get tiresome to hear the same question asked over and over again but this is not the case on here. If you check I have helped a lot of people here and I have posted a STICKY with links to numerous places for great tutorials.

When I tell people to search/bing/google on here I mean it as a way to help them find what they are looking for it because I don't have the time that minute to search it for them. It is not meant to be mean....it is to kind of send them in the right direction should they not get the response they are looking for.

Last edited by ronnie; 05-12-2011 at 02:26.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16

Thanks ladies, I know it two differt types of tutus I tried to combine them, underneth the pocket layer I sewed satin ribbion to the tulle. I tried to use 5x time her waist measurement But was unable to get that much tulle on the elastic band. I can figure out how to get it that full? Maybe its the flower petals wieghing it down or I made it to long. I'm not sure.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:26

Because of the shine of the fabric, I'm guessing that's organza and not tulle. I would say organza by the yard has more hand than tulle. Combined with the stiff printed ribbon on the hem, it would give it that shape naturally.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:28

Could you post a picture of yours? Maybe then we could see what your talking about exactly. Sometimes pictures help.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.