http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2011, 11:55

Default How do you use marabou?

I know you use it in hairbows, but how do you get it? What does it come in and whats the best way to attach it? If someone could help me with this that would be great. Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:07

Default Re: How do you use marabou?

If you do some searching, I'm sure you'll find the answers, I know I've answered all of those questions on here somewhere.....hth
Old 05-12-2011, 04:51

You can get it from Joanns...there are many ways to use it....its up to you on how u want it to look....i know there is a thread on here for it.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:55

maybe attatch it soem E6000? also i think i read some ladies on here say they use the figure 8 or something, im not too sure, i've never really worked with marabou but i would love to start working with it
Old 05-12-2011, 05:12

When I wanted to start using marabou, I searched for it here and I found lots of great tips. Methods for attaching it under bows, places to purchase it, etc. Its a great add-on for those over-the-top bows!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19

I have used the individual marabou feathers in my bows as the puffs are impossible to get locally for some reason and i just havent got around to finding a good online supply. I just stick the feathers round in a circle type shape with hot glue layering on the feathers until im satisfied with how it looks thickness wise etc. then pop the bow on top, i do usually have the spikes under the marabou tho. hth
Old 05-13-2011, 02:03

maybe attatch it glue gun?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:22

I get the boas (6 foot) at HL when they go on sale and make my own puffs be forming them into a circle and hot gluing the ends.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:36

When getting ready to attach them, I look at the straight boa, and without cutting anything, fold it and make a circle to determine what size I want, Then lay it out flat on the table again..After deciding where you going to cut the marabou, Take some scotch tape and wrap it completely around the area you are going to cut..Make sure it's wrapped tightly and secured it self...I then do the same thing with the other end (even if it's the end rope part on the boa)..So you will have 2 small sections of tape on the boa..This way, you can cut it and IT WON'T BE SNOWING FEATHERS FOR HOURS ON END! No mess, no leftovers, just a clean cut..And when you go to make a puff, wrap the marabou in a circle, and be sure that the end of the tape meets and slightly overlaps the other one. Glue both ends to tape together and there you have it! A mess free, perkier, and secure trick that saved me from losing my mind with feathers!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:32

You can hot glue it
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies