ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-12-2008, 08:00

Default Getting really upset.. please help

Well at first I was doing really well making bows and clips and in the last couple days I can't get any right. The basic boutique bow is kicking my butt. I can't keep any of the loops right. By the time I get 2 and go to wrap the 3rd around I end up losing all of them. Plus there are so many bows I would love to make but I don't have any idea what they are called to try to find instructions. I hope its ok I post some links here to someones site. I love the bows she has made and would love to learn how to make them. Can anyone please tell me what these bows are called so I can attempt to find instructions?

My First Bow - The Ava

4th of July Star Bow

'Lil Panda Bow

Ok and the ones in this link.. are they really as easy as they look.. I'm thinking you just line the clip... form a circle with the ribbon and wrap another piece around the center and glue it to the clip.. it can't be that easy can it LOL

'Lil Clippies in Springtime

There are alot more that I don't know what they are but I don't want to bombard you guys I'm really sorry to keep asking so many questions. My daughter is finally leaving the bows in her hair and today at lunch with out playgroup a bunch of girls showed interest in them so I would like to get a couple more that I can make well to maybe sell to them
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15

Default Re: Getting really upset.. please help

I am not the expert on bow types, but the first one looks like a normal bow on a lined alligator clip. The second and third bows are just basic bows (the third has spikes). The fourth bow is what I call a mini-bow. It's a lined alligator clip with a loop on top- smoosh the loop in half by placing the center wrap piece around the center (that's what forms the loops).

Hope that helps.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:01

Stupid question.. basic bow is just a basic boutique bow right
Old 05-12-2008, 10:08

Yes the second is a basic boutique bow. The third is a tails down bow with spikes. And the third, yes, it is that simple, just make sure you don't put the bow all the way at the end so it doesn't get pinched. Good luck in your bow making.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16

Thanks so much!! Now that I know what the bows are I can just work on perfecting them.. or perfecting them as much as I can. lol.. thanks again!!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:32

My advice would be: If possible order good bow instructions. TOTT's is a good set to buy (sold at theribbonretreat.com) or from Sweet Baby Bowtique, they are on sale right now and it will be the last time she has them on sale this year.

Once you start to make bows you will quickly realize that most bows are all "folded" the same however each bowmaker will call them something else. Don't try to focus so much on the name of the bow, just try to learn how to get your loops right for now.

I am in no way an expert, but I do go to many websites and just look at the bows people make. Once you really start looking at them you will realize that there are not hundreds of different folds you need to learn.

Michelle also offers some WONDERFUL threads on here with how to make certain bow folds. Give them a try. Also, when you first start you will want to make EVERYTHING you see. Get the basics down pat first and then work your way from there. Making bows is a fun hobby! We just need to find the people to buy them!!

Don't give up! Some days I would just slowly leave the bow table and come back later and try again with great success!

Sorry for the book!

Angelia
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.