5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-06-2011, 04:36

Default singed flower napkin rings

Does anybody have an idea for what to use for the napkin ring part?? I just got a call from a boutique I sell my singed flowers to and they want napkin rings made with singed flowers! I was thinking little scunci rubberbands but will that be too cheap looking for something that she sells for $15.00? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

Does this look like something that would look good underneath a singed flower?
http://www.marthastewart.com/273045/ribbon-napkin-rings

Last edited by creativ; 05-06-2011 at 04:38. Reason: added info
Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2011, 04:48

Default Re: singed flower napkin rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ View Post
Does anybody have an idea for what to use for the napkin ring part?? I just got a call from a boutique I sell my singed flowers to and they want napkin rings made with singed flowers! I was thinking little scunci rubberbands but will that be too cheap looking for something that she sells for $15.00? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

I made some for a family picnic once but I just cut a strip of ribbon and added a felt strawberry to the center of it and then tied it around the silverware and napkin but it was just my family so nothing fancy. Maybe some shower hooks would work? Not the cheap plastic ones but the fancier looking ones maybe wrapped with ribbon. I don't know, that probably didn't help you at all!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57

Oh offcourse it helped. Shower rings are worth a try! I never thought of that.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:01

What about the small grapevine rings that you can find at hobby lobby for like 20 cents and use floral wire to attach the flower?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:01

I was thinking shower rings too...maybe wrapped in ribbon?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:13

I've made them with the shower rings wrapped with 7/8" ribbon and then whatever I'm attaching on the part that isn't the same width (hope that made sense)

margot
Old 05-06-2011, 05:22

That means I can use any cheap shower ring and cover it with a nice ribbon! Isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcmis View Post
I've made them with the shower rings wrapped with 7/8" ribbon and then whatever I'm attaching on the part that isn't the same width (hope that made sense)

margot
Old 05-07-2011, 06:24

you can also use the more sturdy cardboard tubes/rolls from aluminum foil. if you use the more flimsy ones (like paper towel cardboard) i usually cut one tube open and make it a bit smaller & glue the 2 together for more strength.

i've even latex polyurethaned the ribbon/fabric to make them spill/food stain resistant/more durable . . . since one t/giving some of them found their way into the gravy spills!

i've also used leftover pvc pipe.

g/luck!

edit . . . you can also make them cheaply with wire braided/wrapped around a spice jar (for uniformity) for a more elegant look . . . and also string a few beads onto the wire.

edit edit . . . and for kids you can staple the colorful foam into a napkin ring & then cover up the staple w/your doodah . . . lol - i could keep on going!

Last edited by prleaf; 05-07-2011 at 06:31.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:08

Quote:
That means I can use any cheap shower ring and cover it with a nice ribbon! Isn't it?
yup
Old 05-08-2011, 04:17
Super Moderator

Quote:

Oh wow, I love the idea of woven ribbon for the ring! I bet those would look perfect for with the singed flowers.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.