New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-06-2011, 01:42

Default TBB help!

These are the first two TBB I've ever made. The white one is 1.5" and the blue is 7/8". I'm not quite sure how much to overlap the ribbon when you bring the sides of the figure 8 in. I think I needed a slightly longer piece of 1.5" so it doesn't "close in" as much.

How did I do? What could I do to improve?

Last edited by MoxieandPixie; 05-06-2011 at 01:56.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 05-06-2011, 02:12

Default Re: TBB help!

the white one is backwards thats the back. the front is the x the back has the ribbons on top of each other =. the blue one i dont know you might need to over lap the ribbon more.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:15

Ha! You're right...and they both may be backwards! I'm trying!
Old 05-06-2011, 02:24

Can you take a pic of the other side so I can determine which side is showing? The white looks like it is backwards but honestly I cant tell for sure.

It looks like you will need to work on the angles of your loops when they meet together in the center. There are some great tuts on here that can explain this. I know Maxine posted some pics I had sent to her on step by step shots of how to do it.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:34

Thanks for your help!!!

In this pic I flipped both over.

I'll try to search for that tut. I've watched some on youtube but i'm not sure where i may be going wrong, so it's hard to know what I need to look for to fix, KWIM?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:44

Ronnie, I found an old post where you showed pics (using a green ribbon). I think I'm bringing my ribbon together all wrong to form the figure 8. I bring it together like a "support ribbon", but it doesn't look that way in your pic. Maybe that's my problem!?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieandPixie View Post
Ronnie, I found an old post where you showed pics (using a green ribbon). I think I'm bringing my ribbon together all wrong to form the figure 8. I bring it together like a "support ribbon", but it doesn't look that way in your pic. Maybe that's my problem!?
There are different ways to make a twisted bowtique. Everyone has their own way to doing it. The pics I took are of a way I used to do them before I could do them by hand. This was the only way I could do them for the longest time. In your pics I can't see any kind of tail. I am guessing they are hidden inside or something. Mine sticks out..even though it is a very short tail and is pressed up against the ribbon. I do make some of my bows with much longer tails but when I do the bows that are like in my profile picture that is the technique I use.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies