150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-06-2011, 09:07

Default Squared Korkers?

The first time I went to the store with my fiance to get things to make korkers he saw these square dowels and told me to try making a korker with that, so I did....And the picture below is how it turned out.....This was my first ever made korker so I know its not perfect and no where near as full as it should be but I wanted to know what yall thought of the "Squared Look"?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01848.jpg (72.0 KB, 156 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2011, 09:15

Default Re: Squared Korkers?

I really like the squared look. I was going to do a square korker for DD but only got to baking and cutting some of the pieces. I used 3/8" but I really like how the smaller ribbon looks korked. Is that 1/8"? Maybe try 1/4" and cut the pieces a little shorter to see if you can get it to look fuller.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabrandy View Post
I really like the squared look. I was going to do a square korker for DD but only got to baking and cutting some of the pieces. I used 3/8" but I really like how the smaller ribbon looks korked. Is that 1/8"? Maybe try 1/4" and cut the pieces a little shorter to see if you can get it to look fuller.

Yes it is 1/8". I got that size because I wanted to try and make mini korkers for my daughter to wear as like pigtail sets.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:25

I like it!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:28

I kinda like the 1/8 square look. Not fond of the 3/8 square korkers.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:40

Not convinced, but it may grow on me!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:43

It looks like korker ribbon that broke somehow lol To be honest, I'm not fond of it. However, like the pp said, it could grow on me eventually (not sure tho!)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46

I was thinking maybe if its fuller and the korks shorter it may help! I am intrigued and now I wont sleep tonight rofl!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjenny13 View Post
... This was my first ever made korker so I know its not perfect and no where near as full as it should be but I wanted to know what yall thought of the "Squared Look"?
I think they look great.

I've made square korkers with wider ribbon, up to 5/8", but it works better with thinner ribbon.

Kel
Old 05-06-2011, 10:08

i agree it might look better if it was fuller i dunno would have to see it
Sponsored Links