printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-27-2011, 12:00

Default Boutique bow

I have read and tried most of the "how to's" on here as well as on google but can not get this to work right at all! Sometimes I can get it to look decent but the loops are never even nor does the loops stand up good. If any of you have any tips they would be greatly appreciated. (I have already used the search function and searched through 1000's of pages) Cardboard templates are not working I might just have to cave in and buy TNT or BBM.

This is how they turn out:

Last edited by ohsoflyarmygirl; 04-27-2011 at 12:47.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 12:02

Default Re: Boutique bow

Do you have a pic of what you made?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:06

It took me almost an entire year to get my TBB. It takes so much practice and is SO frustrating! Many a time I have thrown my ribbon and bows across the room.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Do you have a pic of what you made?
I added a pic.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:36

It's hard to see your pics but from what I can tell I think you need to get the back ribbons straighter...THIS was the part that threw me for ages...even now I still have issues with them.

Cheers.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38

The pics are really too small to see, but you should know that it takes a TON of practice to get the boutique (twisted) bow down pat. During my journey, I broke down and bought the Little Pink Ladybug brilliant bow maker and still couldn't do it. What I ended up mastering (if I can even say that!?) was the free tutorial from this site! That is what I use to fold the bow and then I use the gator bite to get the cinch. It still took lots of practice to get it right though.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:04

Here is the link to the hidden tut I was offered when I was totally frustrated with these!

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...-please-2.html

I even found pictures from when I very first started to get it hidden in that thread, shocking how much better they already look in a little over a month. But I have had plenty of practice, I was even making them in the car in the dark on a recent trip back from Ohio, if I can make them in the dark I sure better be able to make them with the lights on! Let me do some quick math, I do about 10 to 20 a day minimum, it has been about 6 weeks, 7 days in a week, so average 15x6x7, omg that is over 600, no wonder they look better now!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post
Here is the link to the hidden tut I was offered when I was totally frustrated with these!

I even found pictures from when I very first started to get it hidden in that thread, shocking how much better they already look in a little over a month. But I have had plenty of practice, I was even making them in the car in the dark on a recent trip back from Ohio, if I can make them in the dark I sure better be able to make them with the lights on! Let me do some quick math, I do about 10 to 20 a day minimum, it has been about 6 weeks, 7 days in a week, so average 15x6x7, omg that is over 600, no wonder they look better now!
That is not the tut I was talking about, but I think that one would be way easier than the one I used. One day I will try it and see, but I don't make that many big boutique bows.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post

I will definitely take this tut on a test drive!! Thanks!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:22

LOTS of practice!! It took me almost a year to even get it partially down and tried the figure 8 method, and they still turn out wonky sometimes....Use a couple of alli clips to hold the back two ribbons together so that they don't move while you're shaping your loops....hth a little!
Sponsored Links