New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-26-2011, 02:01

Question need help on how to adding flower to hard headband

I need help on how to properly add a flower to a hard headband. pics below on the look i am going for. also how do i line the headband with ribbon if i dont want the plastic or metal to show. Thanks for any help ladies greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 1mommygomez; 05-05-2011 at 01:36.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43

Default Re: need help on how to adding flower to hard headband

You would use a wider piece of ribbon that could be wrapped to the inside of the headband. (I hope someone will chime in with the headband part. I wrap mine in a spiral or just cover the top) As for adding a flower. I glue the flower on and then either add a piece of felt cut in a circle or a rectangle piece of ribbon that is big enough to go over the headband and attach a little bit to the flower on each side. HTH
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy15714 View Post
You would use a wider piece of ribbon that could be wrapped to the inside of the headband. (I hope someone will chime in with the headband part. I wrap mine in a spiral or just cover the top) As for adding a flower. I glue the flower on and then either add a piece of felt cut in a circle or a rectangle piece of ribbon that is big enough to go over the headband and attach a little bit to the flower on each side. HTH
I do the same thing. I've seen that some people cover the headband with a wider piece of ribbon and have both the edges meet on the inside and then covering the middle inside meeting points with a strip of velvet. hth and isn't to confusing. I haven't tried this yet myself
Old 04-26-2011, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mommygomez View Post
I need help on how to properly add a flower to a hard headband. pics below on the look i am going for. also how do i line the headband with ribbon if i dont want the plastic or metal to show. Thanks for any help ladies greatly appreciated.

Are these your pictures?? If they are not, you can't post them, you can only post a link to them...

I attach the flower to the headband with glue then add a felt flower or circle to the back to make it look more finished & add stability to the flower. hth

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Old 04-26-2011, 03:59

thank you so much for your help ladies. sounds pretty simple. well not simple but easy enough to try.

oh and about the pics, no not mine how do i remove the pics from original post and would copy and paste the address where pic is???? Sorry didn't know the rule.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mommygomez View Post
thank you so much for your help ladies. sounds pretty simple. well not simple but easy enough to try.

oh and about the pics, no not mine how do i remove the pics from original post and would copy and paste the address where pic is???? Sorry didn't know the rule.
Go to your post and at the bottom it should be an edit button. Remove the pics and then post the link to where you found the picture....hope that helps.
Sponsored Links

Tags
how to make headbands