http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-10-2008, 09:27

Default Firecracker Bow

I would love to make some 4th of july firecracker bows for the consignment sale this weekend. I read the thread about how everyone thought they were just spikes sewn together. Do you place them at different angles or lay them all on top of each other? I am confused
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 05-10-2008, 09:32

Default Re: Firecracker Bow

Never made them. I personally think they would be laid at all different angles though. When you get one made lets see.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:05

The one I made I creased each "spike" like I would a bow, and then threaded each one on a needle. The first two were like and X. Then the next one horizontally and then one vertically like this +. And then repeated til I had them all on. Does that help?

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-10-2008, 12:36

I made some this morning..I didthem just as Wendy... but I just pulled the string at the end and rearrange them like I wanted them. I know my bow is a bit fuller I used 5 different ribbons..(used each ribbon twice)for a total of 10 (4 1/2 ich) strips...the final bow measured just brely over 4 inches..That could be the way i arrange the strips.

Hope this helps.

Rachel and Rachelle

Very easy!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandRachelle View Post
I made some this morning..I didthem just as Wendy... but I just pulled the string at the end and rearrange them like I wanted them. I know my bow is a bit fuller I used 5 different ribbons..(used each ribbon twice)for a total of 10 (4 1/2 ich) strips...the final bow measured just brely over 4 inches..That could be the way i arrange the strips.

Hope this helps.

Rachel and Rachelle

Very easy!

That turned out beautiful!! I think I will try it the way you and Wendy are doing it.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
The one I made I creased each "spike" like I would a bow, and then threaded each one on a needle. The first two were like and X. Then the next one horizontally and then one vertically like this +. And then repeated til I had them all on. Does that help?
Maybe lol. I am trying to picture in my mind what you are doing. lol I am going to try tomorrow since it is mothers day and I can do anything I want lol. Thanks for helping me.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorijoz View Post
Maybe lol. I am trying to picture in my mind what you are doing. lol I am going to try tomorrow since it is mothers day and I can do anything I want lol. Thanks for helping me.

If you need help just hollar, I could even make a mini picture tutorial of it if anyone wants.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-10-2008, 10:15

Wendy! How nice of you to offer! I'm sure everyone would love a tute if you're willing to do it. I too made up a bow like this(after I saw the previous thread and I did it similar) They are very cute little bows!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:19

Wendy... I would love a tutorial please! I think I understand how to do it but I am such a visual learner. Thank you soo much for offering!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:29

OK, let's see what I can do!!!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links