new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-25-2011, 08:33

Default need help

my first attempt to a rolled flower rose... kind of bad. please help. It seemed like every time I folded i was folding it on top of the same fold from the layer below.
Any help, suggestions, clues would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0425110828.jpg (22.0 KB, 104 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57

Default Re: need help

I think it looks cute better than my first ones
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01

LOL I was going to say the same thing. It is way better than everyone I have ever tried.

Denise

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...s/108159037935
Old 04-25-2011, 02:06

Your first looks better than mine - LOL! I gave up after the first try
Old 04-25-2011, 04:47

I think it looks great for a first try. My one and only try looked awful.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:45

I've had these on my to-try-list, and I think I'd be happy with that for a first try!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:05

I think it is a great start, I made about 20 or 30 before I was comfortable with mine, varying how oftened I twisted, how much ribbon I used, what size ribbon (and fabric) I worked with, etc. My biggest problem was I thought mine had to look like ones I saw on here, I finally kicked myself and realized I really do like mine and they don't look exactly like ones posted on here, but that is okay. Imagine if all of our bows were exactly identical, what fun would that be?

My advice is use less ribbon, and turn it upside down and twist, don't try to evaluate it as you make it. As I made mine I would question each twist, when I let go and let the ribbon form as it needed to it worked better for me.

My vote is grab some ribbon and play, play, play, and once you get comfortable with the twist and turns of it, you have YOUR rose!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post
I think it is a great start, I made about 20 or 30 before I was comfortable with mine, varying how oftened I twisted, how much ribbon I used, what size ribbon (and fabric) I worked with, etc. My biggest problem was I thought mine had to look like ones I saw on here, I finally kicked myself and realized I really do like mine and they don't look exactly like ones posted on here, but that is okay. Imagine if all of our bows were exactly identical, what fun would that be?

My advice is use less ribbon, and turn it upside down and twist, don't try to evaluate it as you make it. As I made mine I would question each twist, when I let go and let the ribbon form as it needed to it worked better for me.

My vote is grab some ribbon and play, play, play, and once you get comfortable with the twist and turns of it, you have YOUR rose!
Agreed!! I think it looks great! When I first started these I was amazed at how easy they were! YOU are the one creating them, they SHOULD look like yours!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post

Thanks so much for this. Very true if they all looked the same it would just be boring.

Thank you everyone for all your positive feedback and help!
Im just going to need to practice, practice, practice!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38

You can check this tutorials that shows how to place the fold

http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/04/29...cuff-tutorial/