Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-27-2011, 07:46

Default Re: how did you...

I agree that sometimes people do ask crazy questions that are easily found... but I also feel that people that are on this forum that have been on here since years ago up to just a few months ago that just post constantly and have over 1000 posts think they are the most grand bow makers who know everything and NEVER EVER EVER take someone else's idea, etc.
so it kinda goes both ways...
1. use the search button
2. just because you post here 800 times a day doesn't make you special

and I'm not meaning this towards the original poster in case someone says something.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahretro View Post
I agree that sometimes people do ask crazy questions that are easily found... but I also feel that people that are on this forum that have been on here since years ago up to just a few months ago that just post constantly and have over 1000 posts think they are the most grand bow makers who know everything and NEVER EVER EVER take someone else's idea, etc.
1. use the search button

and I'm not meaning this towards the original poster in case someone says something.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 04-27-2011, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

????????????????????????

I'm sure someone will get completely offended by what I said. I'm sorry but there is a few ladies that are on here constantly talking about all the NEW people and how they are so fed up with new people yada yada.

My husband says it correctly when he says this market is flooded big time. The materials are not expensive to make hair bows and you can easily find out how to make them. I suppose I am lucky that I started in 06 and have a great customer base.

Every lady I have met in the past few months in area of bow makers talks about this place...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08

Quote:
1. use the search button

okay seriously, how do i respond to this?

when in doubt say "thank you" THANK YOU!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsewdiane View Post
okay seriously, how do i respond to this?

when in doubt say "thank you" THANK YOU!
LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26

Totally off here..lol. I remember months ago I was having computer problems. A few ladies on here were great. Walking me through all the steps. Don't remember who they were but while they were helping me, I was also searching on you tube. They spent a good deal of their time on here trying to help me. Some people you never forget....but shoot..lol...I forget their names. Wonderful people on here.

Side note: Sometimes I will take a silly pill and will everything is in good fun.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:36

Quote:
1. use the search button

I'm guilty of "forgetting" how to use the search button when I need a quick answer
Old 04-28-2011, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahcovert View Post
Thank you for standing up for the newbies! We all need to have a lesson in the 'search' button, but I think we are getting pushed around a little bit and the 'senior' members may just be giving HG a bad rap. They were newbies at one point too! Isn't that what life is about...to learn from our elders? Now, that doesn't mean they will just tell us everything, but the occasional hint or help would be appreciated without getting our heads bit off!!!
Here's a suggestion... Instead of posting "HOW DO I DO EVERYTHING" posts... try a few things first.. You are more likely to get constructive help if you post a "Here is my first try... suggestions please" post than looking for the easy out of having someone hand you the info that we have all had to work for.

Also, you will learn quickly here to develop thick skin. Senior members are not into Coddling you. If you ask for advice, you will get it... for instance, you asked HOW DO I MAKE.... your answer is, "research"...that IS how you learn to make the things you are looking at. If you ask WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY BOW? If it looks like crap, we will tell you. If you don't know your stuff looks like crap, you will never strive to be better. Honestly, I usually don't respond, because I don't have the time or energy to draft a PC message that won't make you feel bad.

You asked questions, you got answers, they are the true and honest answers... For every post that you consider "Biting your head off" there are probably 10-15 members who are equally annoyed, but did not take the time to respond.

You will learn to appreciate the candor of the members who DO respond... they will end up being your best mentors and advocates... they will also be the members who stand up for you if someone scams you out of money, or rips off your pictures...demanding that the offenders make it right.

Here's my tip of the day to newbies...Just like the saying goes, you should listen more than you speak... Read and research intensely, when you post a "How to " question, also post the research you have done, and what roadblocks you are hitting... Senior members are SO much more likely to help you, if you are trying on your own...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese Proverb

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:20

EXCELLENT post, Janet!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenjs View Post
Here's a suggestion... Instead of posting "HOW DO I DO EVERYTHING" posts... try a few things first.. You are more likely to get constructive help if you post a "Here is my first try... suggestions please" post than looking for the easy out of having someone hand you the info that we have all had to work for.

Also, you will learn quickly here to develop thick skin. Senior members are not into Coddling you. If you ask for advice, you will get it... for instance, you asked HOW DO I MAKE.... your answer is, "research"...that IS how you learn to make the things you are looking at. If you ask WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY BOW? If it looks like crap, we will tell you. If you don't know your stuff looks like crap, you will never strive to be better. Honestly, I usually don't respond, because I don't have the time or energy to draft a PC message that won't make you feel bad.

You asked questions, you got answers, they are the true and honest answers... For every post that you consider "Biting your head off" there are probably 10-15 members who are equally annoyed, but did not take the time to respond.

You will learn to appreciate the candor of the members who DO respond... they will end up being your best mentors and advocates... they will also be the members who stand up for you if someone scams you out of money, or rips off your pictures...demanding that the offenders make it right.

Here's my tip of the day to newbies...Just like the saying goes, you should listen more than you speak... Read and research intensely, when you post a "How to " question, also post the research you have done, and what roadblocks you are hitting... Senior members are SO much more likely to help you, if you are trying on your own...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese Proverb
Excellent post!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies