ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-27-2011, 08:50

Default Re: how did you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post
But I only have limited time online each day...Oh wait, I meant I have to do this with a toddler on my lap, it is too hard to type what I am looking for in search... No, that isn't it, um, hold on, I have a good excuse, just let me think about it.

Seriously I do spend quite a bit of time searching, and I for one as a newbie apologize for when I do ask something that has been answered before. I do put honest good faith effort into finding it on my own, but sometimes I don't know what I am looking for which makes it hard to find, or I know but the answer I am looking for isn't in the threads I pull up.

Just standing up for us 'new' members that honestly want to use this forum to learn and share what we can, not to just stop in a grab a quick easy route. I am in this for the long haul, I have a 1 week plan, a 1 month plan, a 6 months plan, heck I even have a 5 year plan. They are flexible and have to change as new curve balls are thrown my way, but I am NOT giving up, and if I can't search and find, I ask, and if that doesn't answer my question I will search more, and possibly ask again, and that is all if I can't figure it out on my own to start with, I am very determined (my father calls it stubborn for some reason). I love being able to ask questions here, there is so much information stored in your minds and computers, I greatly appreciate every little bit you are willing to share, but it is daunting often to ask for fear of the 'newbie' stamp.

That said .... I LOVE HG, and you are stuck with me till you ban me, eeks that would be horrible, please don't, pretty please!
Thank you for standing up for the newbies! We all need to have a lesson in the 'search' button, but I think we are getting pushed around a little bit and the 'senior' members may just be giving HG a bad rap. They were newbies at one point too! Isn't that what life is about...to learn from our elders? Now, that doesn't mean they will just tell us everything, but the occasional hint or help would be appreciated without getting our heads bit off!!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahcovert View Post
Thank you for standing up for the newbies! We all need to have a lesson in the 'search' button, but I think we are getting pushed around a little bit and the 'senior' members may just be giving HG a bad rap. They were newbies at one point too! Isn't that what life is about...to learn from our elders? Now, that doesn't mean they will just tell us everything, but the occasional hint or help would be appreciated without getting our heads bit off!!!
Asking for occasional help is one thing. I too have had trouble finding things that I KNOW exist even with the search tool. With that being said, it is a totally different thing to start 12 posts all in the span of 24hours with all of them asking how to do something that is EASILY found with a search here or even google. There are a lot of wonderful ladies on this board willing to help out senior members and newbies alike but we can't expect them to sit around and explain everything step by step. who has time for that? Good luck to you
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07

Quote:

15 posts with questions, and not 1 thank you. heres a hint or help:

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/search.php

it works...

^^^^ all this said in the nicest way possible............................

Old 04-27-2011, 03:23

If you click the link below, it will show you exactly how I joined the Hipgirls Forum This technique is used by millions all over the world! It's quite simple really. Have a look!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+join+the+Hipgirls+Forum%3F

Old 04-27-2011, 03:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaforTwoBoutique View Post
If you click the link below, it will show you exactly how I joined the Hipgirls Forum This technique is used by millions all over the world! It's quite simple really. Have a look!

I'm literally ROLLING right now my class and co-teachers think I'm insane!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaforTwoBoutique View Post

I <3 that link
Old 04-27-2011, 04:47

Quote:
i'm confused........... we do help all the time. i don't know where you are getting that hg has a bad rap and if you think that it does why are you here????????? there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions BUT PLEASE SEARCH FOR IT FIRST, so many questions have been asked and ANSWERED

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03

i have been making bows for 3 yrs now and have been a member of the forum for awhile now, actively just this year, and i believe i have asked TWICE on how to make something. i however have contributed ALOT, i gave a free tut on how to make my candy clippies, i wrote a tut on one of the many loopy bows out there, shared tips AND also answered questions as how to make something and the reason that i have been able to contribute all of this has been because i have spent HOURS, DAYS even WEEKS googling, youtubing and by trial and error - wasting countless amount of ribbon, glue AND TIME. if you have the TIME to ask here you should also have the TIME to google or use the search function above....and believe me that i am NOT picking on any newbies because we have ALL been newbies at one point but like someone else said we have CONTRIBUTED to this forum. i searched the threads that she has started since she joined JUST this month and 98% are HOW TO MAKE and NO THANK YOUS and no end results. you would think that with SOME of the help that she has received she would have made something and posted a picture. in order to recieve you have to give....JMO
Old 04-27-2011, 05:05

I also have low post because it is so easy to find what you are looking for if you actually look for it!
You ladies are wonderful, I have been on and off the bow making wagon a few times for various reasons but I always know where to come back to for help when I can't find it on my own.
another thing you usually find it faster when you search cause you don't have to wait till someone responds
Thanks Ladies!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlsnswirls View Post
I'm literally ROLLING right now my class and co-teachers think I'm insane!
LMBO! My husband informed me of this link today and let me tell you it has become a favorite of mine It will be used quite often here on the HG forum I suspect
Sponsored Links