Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-28-2011, 11:04

Default Re: Help with these bug clips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I did see that. Right now though my biggest peeve are those that are stealing our pictures and using them on their own websites or facebook pages and lying to their fans that they are making those items. If you can't be creative and come up wtih your own things then you are not in the right business. Quit riding on the coattails of those that work hard to edit their photos of their own work. Recent one was a lurker that stole a moderator's pic and tried to pawn it off as her own. Personally I think if you are caught stealing pics on here you should be automatically banned.
I completey agree and I HATE that! Take your own damn pictures. God knows mine aren't the greatest (I have some modeled ones that are excellent, but mine are only somewhat decent), but I still have great sales on Etsy. If you steal other people's photos, what does that say about you - not only as a businesswoman, but as a person?

Known picture thieves should definitely be banned.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
I completey agree and I HATE that! Take your own damn pictures. God knows mine aren't the greatest (I have some modeled ones that are excellent, but mine are only somewhat decent), but I still have great sales on Etsy. If you steal other people's photos, what does that say about you - not only as a businesswoman, but as a person?

Known picture thieves should definitely be banned.
This I totally agree with. Why would someone steal a picture? What if they couldn't duplicate it? Thats real low. I too think you should be banned for stealing pictures. Its one thing to try to make something you see on your own, its another to use that picture and claim it as your own.

As far as all the other stuff, while I can see both sides, I still think its a bit rude. IMO just dont read that thread or reply. BTW I do search for all the stuff I need and am a huge fan of the post with all the tut links. I also kind of like the every day posts where someone asks a questions that has been asked a million times because some of them I might have been tempted to ask too! LOL
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshichka View Post
This I totally agree with. Why would someone steal a picture? What if they couldn't duplicate it? Thats real low. I too think you should be banned for stealing pictures. Its one thing to try to make something you see on your own, its another to use that picture and claim it as your own.
Completely agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshichka View Post
As far as all the other stuff, while I can see both sides, I still think its a bit rude. IMO just dont read that thread or reply. BTW I do search for all the stuff I need and am a huge fan of the post with all the tut links. I also kind of like the every day posts where someone asks a questions that has been asked a million times because some of them I might have been tempted to ask too! LOL
I guess I can see where it can come off as rude, but after years of these types of posts, it just gets a little frustrating. For people who have been doing this for years (and I am in no way saying that we/they are superior!), they have spent so much time & money searching endlessly for information, the best suppliers, practicing (and wasting tons of supplies! $$$) trying to perfect their craft. When someone comes across as not wanting to put in the same effort/time/money, it rubs the wrong way. Now maybe sometimes we jump a little too quickly, but years of sleepless nights, and thousands of dollars invested makes us (at least me) feel that it's not fair that we had to do all of that to get to where we are, and then someone brand new comes along and doesn't have to/want to work at it at all.

I have no problem helping people, but those people usually participate a little more than just asking questions that can easily be found with a simple search. I know there are some things that you're not sure how to search for (i.e. you want to know how to make something, but you don't know what it's called). That's totally fine. But when it's something like what's the best glue to use? Then use the search function and type in "best glue." PAGES of answers come up! Let me end my rambling by saying that most of us are business women here. Usually we don't have a lot of free time on our hands, as we're trying to fill orders. Ideally, we'd like to help those who have questions where the answers aren't easily searched for. When people keep asking basic questions that can easily be answered through a search, those that truly need help are buried below those other posts, and their questions never get answered.

I hope this helps explain where I'm coming from a little better, and makes me look, at least a little, less like a b*tch
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18

koshichka, since your fairly new, I understand for wanting to help and feeling sorry for people, in 2 months you will be singing a different tune, trust me. We were all there, all wanted to help the "new" people on the board. You will start to notice patterns, scams, and whatever on this board and you will start to notice the amount of people who come on here and ask the same questions over and over again and never see them on this board again (which is my biggest pet peeve ever) and also the ones that come on and never introduce themselves but start asking questions.
Its sad, but if they managed to find this group then they can manage to use the search engine, thats why they have it there. I do look at posts before I send them links, because I'm not going to help someone who all they ask is questions like "where can I buy" or "who is the supplier" or "how do I make this" and that the first 3 posts that they make.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33

Am I the only one who thinks that caterpillar clips looks super easy to make and if you can't look at the picture and figure it out you should probably find a new job? Just sayin'
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that caterpillar clips looks super easy to make and if you can't look at the picture and figure it out you should probably find a new job? Just sayin'
no your not the only one lol
veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 04-28-2011, 02:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninadina View Post
I completely agree with you. Yes, there maybe search features and tuts...but what is the harm in asking. If someone doesn't want to help why don't they just move on to the next thread. She isn't forcing you to share your hard earned knowledge, she is asking for help. If you don't want to help there really is no need to be rude about it.

Also, in one of her earlier threads OP did say thank you. I guess after all the rude comments she was probably to intimidated to come back and thank the few people that were helpful.

I don't really get it. I personally don't think a high post count makes anyone more entitled to ask more questions, or to decide what is appropriate for others to ask.

I don't sell bows, so I'm mostly just admiring other peoples work and getting ideas for things to make for my own DD's. If I did have a question, I probably wouldn't ask it. I like to compliment peoples work, but try not to do it too much because I saw another newbie get flamed for responding to too many posts the other day.
When I first got here, I complimented people on their bows, tutus, headbands.. whatever they were making. I still do it, although less often because the awesome crafters here already know I think they're terrific. I don't care if others like it or not. I'm too old to care about board cliques. I post when I feel like posting

However, I agree with the girls who emphasize that searching is important. One of the problems with newbies continually asking the same questions is that it adds bulk to the board (and database). If the question has already been asked and there are helpful posts and links in a thread, then what's the point of asking it again? Searching and reading is an important part of being a member here. If you can't find what you're looking for, then maybe you could ask "how" to search for it. If it's here, it'll come up.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all do. But do an honest search first.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post

you are not the only one that thinks that
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51

Here ya go: I posted these a few days ago (Found throughout the internet)
You can find just about any tutorial that you need just try a google search!

http://ilikebigbows.blogspot.com/201...some-bows.html

*Butterfly and Turtle tuts

Old 04-28-2011, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylikesbows View Post
Here ya go: I posted these a few days ago (Found throughout the internet)
You can find just about any tutorial that you need just try a google search!

http://ilikebigbows.blogspot.com/201...some-bows.html

*Butterfly and Turtle tuts
I always seem to find more on google than with Bing. Great link share!!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.