Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-27-2011, 06:01

Default Re: Help with these bug clips!

This was like the 5th result on google when I typed in "butterfly clippie tutorial"

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/free-...ion-index.html
Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2011, 06:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
No need to play the martyr. We weren't talking about you, as you well know. We asked someone politely to stop clogging up the boards with numerous basic questions and were ignored. We posted links to newbie threads that had TONS of info, and were ignored. When people did help, they were ignored.

See ya.
Um I wasnt saying that because of anything directed at me. I actually went back and deleted it. I am perfectibility capable of finding my own answers. I just am not sure I want to be part of a forum that is so harsh. Thats all. End of topic.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninadina View Post
I completely agree with you. Yes, there maybe search features and tuts...but what is the harm in asking. If someone doesn't want to help why don't they just move on to the next thread. She isn't forcing you to share your hard earned knowledge, she is asking for help. If you don't want to help there really is no need to be rude about it.

Also, in one of her earlier threads OP did say thank you. I guess after all the rude comments she was probably to intimidated to come back and thank the few people that were helpful.

I don't really get it. I personally don't think a high post count makes anyone more entitled to ask more questions, or to decide what is appropriate for others to ask.

I don't sell bows, so I'm mostly just admiring other peoples work and getting ideas for things to make for my own DD's. If I did have a question, I probably wouldn't ask it. I like to compliment peoples work, but try not to do it too much because I saw another newbie get flamed for responding to too many posts the other day.
Thank you. I thought I was just being crazy. I guess the best thing is to just be cautious on here with questions. However, I love helping others if I can, which is really all I post about!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:23

I can't believe I am doing this, and I will probably regret it, but let's all take a second and a few deep breaths.

I am newer here, searched on here for about 3 months before I even got around to joining. I can totally see both sides

A) Being new to a community it is always hard to find your place, no matter if it is a new school, a new town, or even a forum. It is uncomfortable to post, afraid of the critques or negative reponse. It is scary to ask a question after you believe you have searched and get the answer, SEARCH!

B) It is frustrating to be a member here and use the new posts search and see it filled with questions that have been answered over and over again, especially very simple requests, when you are looking for NEW content.

Now that said, I stood up for us newbies that love this forum and want to use it, but even I have to agree that it was frustrating to see such basic questions. If the orginal poster had showed up asking 1 or 2 basic questions, they would have received a combination of answers that would probably have included the search answer, the problem was the number of questions asked.

The poster that was 'jumped' on for posting like was again another case of someone abusing the board, causing frustration for those that are established. It wasn't that they posted on a thread saying they liked it, that is totally cool and allowed, they were pulling up over 100 threads that were weeks old, it really looked more like someone trying to increase post count more than add anything to the forum.

Please don't be discouraged if you are new, it is a wonderful place here, and they still tolerate us newbies and eventually with time we stop being new and become ordinary members. Think of it like moving to a new school, we are here to learn, but there is a social aspect too, it takes awhile to get comfortable socially, but the education is here for anyone that wants to look for it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninadina View Post
I completely agree with you. Yes, there maybe search features and tuts...but what is the harm in asking. If someone doesn't want to help why don't they just move on to the next thread. She isn't forcing you to share your hard earned knowledge, she is asking for help. If you don't want to help there really is no need to be rude about it.

Also, in one of her earlier threads OP did say thank you. I guess after all the rude comments she was probably to intimidated to come back and thank the few people that were helpful.

I don't really get it. I personally don't think a high post count makes anyone more entitled to ask more questions, or to decide what is appropriate for others to ask.

I don't sell bows, so I'm mostly just admiring other peoples work and getting ideas for things to make for my own DD's. If I did have a question, I probably wouldn't ask it. I like to compliment peoples work, but try not to do it too much because I saw another newbie get flamed for responding to too many posts the other day.
no she didn't get FLAMED for replying to too many posts what happened was she joined and in ONE day had over 100 posts which clogged up the new posts thread and A LOT of peoples questions did not get answered because no one ever saw them........that is what happened we were upset because we couldn't help the people that really needed help because we missed their posts

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 04-27-2011, 08:02

4-Custom: very well put

Tu-Tu: Exactly!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02

I was new once and they were rude to me too. It is kind of like disciplining your young and setting them straight. I learned very fast how to sit back and read everything and learn how to use the forum with out making an idiot out of myself. I learned to use the search engine like you wouldn't believe. Their rudeness did not make me cry out to them and tell them stuff. I sucked it up as a lesson and learned from it.

I will not baby every person that comes on here and is not a contributor to the forum. I do help a lot of people though that I feel like helping. I also started a sticky with a butt load of tuts on there (if any of you bothered to take a look) It also has a link to paid for tuts as well. In those links there are tons of information on numerous projects. You just have to go through them. That is what frustrates me the most....I put the majority of answers to your questions in one post and some of you don't even bother to look through them all. Watching that discourages me from wanting to help new people. Not all newbies have the "gimme gimme" attitude when they join....it is only a few that do and those are the ones the really upset people on here.

I rarely come on the how to make forums anymore because of this. If you can't take the time to search then I am not taking the time to find it for you. I am not being mean. I am being honest. This is a community where everyone contributes something to the forum. It doesn't take much for us to know who is contributing and who isn't. If you want answers you are better off searching.

The 12 questions in one day was a bit too extreme for everyone. I can't blame the ladies for getting upset over that one. A few questions here and there and I am more than sure there will be at least one person that will help you.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:08

very well said ronnie
Old 04-28-2011, 12:55

Agreed. Very well said, Ronnie! And, the Newbie thread link, that was posted *twice* for the OP (and ignored) was Ronnie's thread, which is highly informative.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
Agreed. Very well said, Ronnie! And, the Newbie thread link, that was posted *twice* for the OP (and ignored) was Ronnie's thread, which is highly informative.
I did see that. Right now though my biggest peeve are those that are stealing our pictures and using them on their own websites or facebook pages and lying to their fans that they are making those items. If you can't be creative and come up wtih your own things then you are not in the right business. Quit riding on the coattails of those that work hard to edit their photos of their own work. Recent one was a lurker that stole a moderator's pic and tried to pawn it off as her own. Personally I think if you are caught stealing pics on here you should be automatically banned.

Last edited by ronnie; 04-28-2011 at 10:24.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg