http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-27-2011, 03:54

Default Re: Help with these bug clips!

First- Those clips are super cute! I tried to make the caterpillar one a couple of nights ago. It seems fairly simple. Just make each "bump" the best way you can -I did rolls inside a roll for each. The butterfly clips are just regular ones stacked. The turtle..no clue! LOL

Second- Why is it that there are always so many rude comments when someone asks for tuts? Yes, there are search engines and such but really is this forum "How to make..." not meant to provide a place for someone to ask these type questions? I am in need of tuts for several things that I have searched for an can't find that I am sure is in one of these links somewhere. Sometimes there are just so many useless results. Why not just allow someone to ask a question and let those who want, answer them?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshichka View Post
Second- Why is it that there are always so many rude comments when someone asks for tuts? Yes, there are search engines and such but really is this forum "How to make..." not meant to provide a place for someone to ask these type questions? I am in need of tuts for several things that I have searched for an can't find that I am sure is in one of these links somewhere. Sometimes there are just so many useless results. Why not just allow someone to ask a question and let those who want, answer them?
Because 15 posts in a row, in a very short time span, without even a proper introduction, spanning from how to make items, to where to buy the cheapest supplies is a bit much. When people did give answers, there was no acknowledgement, not even a thank you. Just more questions regarding the proper glue to use, etc.

Help is one thing, when someone puts in the effort first, but it's different when you expect everything to be handed to you without any effort on your part. How can I make this assumption? One question was what a woodburner was used for when making bows. There are PAGES on here talking about that, as well as where to buy rhinestones, etc.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:39

Quote:
First- Those clips are super cute! I tried to make the caterpillar one a couple of nights ago. It seems fairly simple. Just make each "bump" the best way you can -I did rolls inside a roll for each. The butterfly clips are just regular ones stacked. The turtle..no clue! LOL

Serching for help is EASY! and everyone else searched threw those "useless results" and found what they needed. There are Tutorals ALL over etsy & Youtube and this forum.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40

Quote:
because she has started at least 12 threads about HOW TO MAKE THIS OR WHERE TO FIND THIS which begs the question has she even attempted to search for ANYTHING she is asking!!!!! you know why there are so many useless results......... BEACUSE PEOPLE ASK THE EXACT SAME QUESTION 400 TIMES BEFORE SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING

there is nothing wrong with asking for help if you attempt to look for it first WE ARE NOT HERE TO HAND OVER EVERY PEICE OF KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE ON BOW MAKING we are here to help guide newbies and keep learning ourselves, but if you can't at least put a little effort in of searching then yes the responses may be rude

we did try to help her at first and did she thank any of us........NO

THAT SHOULD ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50

Quote:
The only times I have seen these ladies get upset over someone asking for help is when it is a very simple question that has been ask repeatedly and it's obvious that the OP has made no effort to hunt the answer. Yes, the search function can be a little tricky to get the right answer, but anything worth learning takes some time and effort. Most of her questions could have been answered with MINIMAL search effort on her part. These ladies are MORE than willing to help anyone who is willing to help themselves.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMom View Post
The only times I have seen these ladies get upset over someone asking for help is when it is a very simple question that has been ask repeatedly and it's obvious that the OP has made no effort to hunt the answer. Yes, the search function can be a little tricky to get the right answer, but anything worth learning takes some time and effort. Most of her questions could have been answered with MINIMAL search effort on her part. These ladies are MORE than willing to help anyone who is willing to help themselves.
Exactly!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:51

While I understand all those things and how frustrating it can be to see the same questions asked a million times, it still seems a little mean. Why not just not respond to her posts at all? I have only asked for help here once, and that was after searching a ton to find what I needed. I am sorry to have caused you all to get so angry with me.

Last edited by Koshichka; 04-27-2011 at 05:53.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53

IMHO the "How to make..." section should mainly be for the ones willing to share what they know if they will be so gracious, and for us newbies to search for what they worked so hard to put together. All of the useless results are from too many questions. I've learned so much from this forum and I've yet to ask one question. I can understand the frustration of those who have been here awhile.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:54

Quote:
While I understand all those things and how frustrating it can be to see the same questions asked a million times, it still seems a little mean. Why not just not respond to her posts at all? I have only asked for help here once, and that was after searching a ton to find what I needed. I am sorry to have caused you all to get so angry with me. I wont be back.
No need to play the martyr. We weren't talking about you, as you well know. We asked someone politely to stop clogging up the boards with numerous basic questions and were ignored. We posted links to newbie threads that had TONS of info, and were ignored. When people did help, they were ignored.

See ya.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:59

Quote:
I completely agree with you. Yes, there maybe search features and tuts...but what is the harm in asking. If someone doesn't want to help why don't they just move on to the next thread. She isn't forcing you to share your hard earned knowledge, she is asking for help. If you don't want to help there really is no need to be rude about it.

Also, in one of her earlier threads OP did say thank you. I guess after all the rude comments she was probably to intimidated to come back and thank the few people that were helpful.

I don't really get it. I personally don't think a high post count makes anyone more entitled to ask more questions, or to decide what is appropriate for others to ask.

I don't sell bows, so I'm mostly just admiring other peoples work and getting ideas for things to make for my own DD's. If I did have a question, I probably wouldn't ask it. I like to compliment peoples work, but try not to do it too much because I saw another newbie get flamed for responding to too many posts the other day.
Sponsored Links