Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-23-2011, 09:13
Default Help Pls!

Have a couple questions if anyone could help that would be great!

1.I'm new to sewing got my first sewing machine yesterday! I have no idea what type of stitch to use for what any ideas, I am wanting to make a pillow case dress and crayon roll and things like that, that are easy.

and number 2. I have noticed that there are private how can i gain access to them if there is a way?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2011, 09:21
Default Re: Help Pls!

Hello, and welcome! The private rooms are based on how long you have been a member and the number of posts that you have depending which room you are trying to view.
Congrats on your first machine! My advice would be to try YouTube. You should be able to find some good stuff there. I would say that you are mostly going to use a straight stich for what you are wanting to do. I would snag some remnants at Walmart or someplace and practice your stitches on there, or even on some old stained clothes and pillowcases just to get the hang of you machine. Good luck and don't forget to show us the finished product!
SAHM to Princess Paige (5) and Princess Mariah (4)
Old 04-23-2011, 09:26

congratulations on your new machine. =)

I would post the links but there are just too many. Use Google search and type this (I just did & there are bunches of these free how-to)

- pillow case dress tutorial
- stitch for pillow case dress tutorial

good luck.

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:01

Most pillowcase dresses just use a straight stitch, and actually the straight stitch is probably going to be the main stitch you use for most projects.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:09

Thanks Everyone!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:47

Experiment with your straight stitch length. Beginners tend to use a really short length (because that is often the default setting). Your goal is to produce professional results, so start examining off-the-rack clothing -- really look at how they're constructed, and copy it.
Sponsored Links